If we learned anything in the wake of the Carling Cup Final, it’s that six weeks is a long time. At least, that’s what’s implied every time Arsenal’s silverware drought is evoked. But if six years really is so long in Premier League years, how long is nine, because that’s how long it’s been since Manchester United won at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea’ 2-1 win Tuesday over the league-leaders.
To talk about that result, the FA Cup replays, and the upcoming weekend’s action, I was joined by my co-hosts, Kartik Krishnaiyer and Laurence McKenna. We focus on what was Chelsea’s best performance of 2011 while making our way to a look at this weekend, action that will be dominated by the season’s third North West Derby, Manchester United visiting Anfield.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo