Listen to our Nico Cantor interview to learn more about the soccer presenter and commentator, and his sudden rise in broadcasting.
The Heart of The Game is a brand-new weekly podcast featuring interviews with the studio talent, commentators, players and coaches that bring us the beautiful game. Other talent interviewed in the series include Derek Rae, Peter Drury, Danny Higginbotham and Taylor Twellman, among others.
Hosted by Nate Abaurrea, the latest episode features an interview with bilingual soccer commentator Nico Cantor. During the interview, Nico discusses:
• what it is about the Argentine accent that adds so much flavor to commentaries,
• why accents are so important for soccer commentaries in Spanish-language,
• if he feels more pressure because his father is a broadcasting legend,
• why Argentina is synonymous with classic football commentaries,
• the story of Arlo White and Leonardo Ulloa and the importance of proper pronunciations.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Send in your questions, comments and feedback via e-mail email@example.com, via Twitter (@worldsoccertalk) or Facebook. We’ll read them out on-air in the next episode.
Here are the different ways you can download The Heart of The Game from the World Soccer Talk Podcast stream:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.