In our David Fairclough interview, the legendary Liverpool footballer discusses his new autobiography, talks about how he’s loved and loathed the nickname of Supersub all these years, answers whether he gets tired of people mentioning ‘that’ goal and game against St. Etienne, as well as sharing his thoughts about whether he prefers the format of the European Cup or the UEFA Champions League.
David’s autobiography, ‘Supersub: The Story of Football’s Most Famous Number 12,’ is available via Amazon and all fine booksellers.
The Supersub tag belied the number of first team starts David Fairclough made at Liverpool; of his 153 appearances, only 61 were from the bench. He scored 55 goals (34 of them in the league), averaging a goal every 2.8 games. After leaving Liverpool, he joined to a series of clubs across England and the European continent as well as Toronto Blizzard on loan.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Here are the different ways you can subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast for free:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.
If you have any questions about the David Fairclough interview, please let us know in the comments section below.