Listen to the latest episode of World Soccer Talk Radio featuring an interview with Dan Thomas.
Dan Thomas joined ESPN in 2010 as a soccer studio host and play-by-play commentator for UEFA Champions League and Spain’s La Liga matches on the company’s international networks. He is the host of ESPN FC on TV, the company’s daily global soccer information and highlights studio program.
Thomas joined ESPN from Real Madrid TV, where he was the lead English-language presenter from 2005- 2010. At Real Madrid TV, he hosted the channel’s most popular English-language program – Extra Time – where he was joined regularly by three acclaimed international journalists to discuss the team’s news, match fixtures, key matchups, as well as other La Liga news.
In addition to his studio hosting roles in Madrid, Thomas traveled and reported from the team’s key road matches such as the El Clásico (vs. Barcelona) and during the UEFA Champions League campaigns including announcing the Champions League Final at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in 2010. He has also conducted revealing interviews with key players – David Beckham, Kaka, Ronaldo, and more. Thomas hosted the team’s presentation of Cristiano Ronaldo on July 6, 2009, following his transfer from Manchester United.
Thomas is a former sports broadcasting prodigy who, at 15 years of age, parlayed his passion for the craft into his first gig at BBC Radio Cornwall, United Kingdom, reading local football, rugby and cricket scores. He was graduated from Solent University in Southampton, United Kingdom, in 2002 with a degree in broadcast journalism.
Upon graduation, Thomas began hosting “Saints Alive,” the weekly show on Southampton FC, where he regularly interviewed the players, coaching staff, and produced features on ex-players.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Zlatan Ibrahimović to feature in latest film of French Asterix series
- International duty brings sweep of injuries to Barcelona
- Slaven Bilić becomes Watford’s 17th full-time manager since 2012
- Where to find Hungary vs. Italy on US TV
- Where to find England vs. Germany on US TV
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches