In our interview with author David Wangerin in 2006, the acclaimed writer and historian shares his research about the history of soccer in the United States as well as his thoughts on the New York Cosmos in NASL and the 1950 US World Cup team.
Author of Soccer In A Football World, sadly David died in 2012.
While the audio quality of the interview isn’t the greatest by any means, hopefully his words will resonate with you. I remember recording this interview that required me setting up a day and time via his parents on their farm when David would be available to speak. Unfortunately, the quality of the phone line wasn’t the greatest from the farm in the Midwest of the United States. But I always remember the discussion I had with him, which illuminated me on how great and detailed the history of soccer is in this country.
In the second part of the interview, Dave Rutter discusses the recent release of Championship Manager ’07, how addictive it is and what new features are available for football simulation players. He tells us how he thinks it compares to Football Manager and what the plans are for Championship Manager ’08.
Here are the different ways you can subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast for free:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.
Have any questions about the David Wangerin interview? Let us know in the comments section below.