Arsenal Set to Start Wayne Rooney Bidding War At £25m: Daily Soccer Report
Arsenal are expected to start the bidding war at £25million for Manchester United star Wayne Rooney, according to the Manchester Evening News today.
The newspaper reports that while Rooney was looking forward to working under Moyes again, the player still sees his future away from Old Trafford. Moyes is due to meet with Rooney for talks, but in the meantime the transfer gossip mounts.
What do you think? Would Rooney be a good fit at Arsenal? Can you see Manchester United selling one of their prized assets to the Gunners? Or will Rooney be able to focus on making United his top priority and will continue playing at the club this coming season? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Arsenal set to start Rooney bidding war for £25m forward — Manchester Evening News
- Oscar Cardozo attracting interest from Premier League says agent — Sky Sports
- Manchester City are the only club to bid for Edinson Cavani, say Napoli, who want £54m — The Mail
- Tom Huddlestone handed an escape route from Spurs by Paolo Di Canio — Evening Standard
- Ahmed Elmohamady joins Hull City in a £2m three-year deal from Sunderland — BBC Sport
- Chelsea to up John Ruddy bid as Norwich reject £5m — Evening Standard
- Swansea sign biggest sponsorship in club’s history — SportsPro
- Tottenham look to hijack Liverpool’s deal for Shakhtar midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan — 101GG
- Fabrice Muamba becomes a dad again a year after ‘dying’ on the pitch — The Mirror
- Sky Sports blackout for 15,000 on BT Vision — Advanced Television
- Vicente Del Bosque heaped praise on Italy — FOX Soccer
- Brazilian protesters clash with police near Confederations Cup stadium — The Guardian
- Paul Ince ‘offers resignation’ at Blackpool after just five months — The Independent
- Djibril Cissé leaves QPR by mutual consent with one year on his contract — The Guardian
- Blackburn Rovers have a bid accepted for Crewe Alexandra captain Luke Murphy — BBC Sport
- Wigan have defender Thomas Rogne on a free transfer — Daily Star
Major League Soccer
- Graham Zusi signs multiyear extension with Sporting KC — Pro Soccer Talk
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.