British comedian and talk show host John Oliver tackled the topic of daily fantasy sports games on his Last Week Tonight show on HBO Sunday night. And Oliver didn’t hold anything back in his criticism of the misleading advertising by two sites in particular — DraftKings and Fanduel.
For soccer fans, the story is particularly disturbing given that FOX Sports is a major investor in DraftKings, while MLS is a DraftKings partner.
Daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and Fanduel claim they are not gambling enterprises, but they seem awfully gamblish. If only their ads were more truthful.
Watch the video here:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $40/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup & Gold Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo