USA Today Sports today launched a special World Cup 2014 magazine to commemorate this summer’s soccer tournament.
The 100-page special issue hits newsstands in the United States on April 7, and features previews of each of the 32 teams as well as 8 groups, in addition to interviews with USMNT head coach Jurgen Klinsmann, ESPN’s Jed Drake and much more.
The glossy magazine even features an article by World Soccer Talk’s Christopher Harris, who covers the top 10 players to watch in the tournament.
Other features of the magazine include:
- Articles by Chuck Culpepper (author of the book about Portsmouth, Up Pompey),
- a guide to each of the host cities,
- expert predictions of who will win the tournament,
- a feature on the USMNT team entitled ‘The New American Way,’
- why the US can survive the group of death,
- feature articles on Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Germany and more,
The magazine is definitely recommended. With no advertising, the 100-page magazine is packed with soccer articles, schedules and opinion. The magazine retails for $7.99 and is available at Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart and other booksellers and newsstands. You can also order the magazine online.