Zlatan Ibrahimovic Scores 2 Goals & Then Boards Flight to Grant a Dying Child’s Wish to Meet Him: Nightly Soccer Report
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a star both on and off the pitch. Tonight in the UEFA Champions League against Benfica, the Swedish striker scored two goals for Paris Saint-Germain. Then immediately after the match, the former Barcelona player boarded a flight to Sarajevo to grant a dying child’s wish to meet him.
The 8-year-old boy has one month to live, and his final wish is to meet his idol, Ibrahimovic.
In a world where it’s so rare to see footballers care about the public, this is a heartwarming story and a classic example of what separates Ibra from many of the other athletes out there in the sport of soccer.
Here are the highlights of the PSG-Benfica game:
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
UEFA Champions League
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic bags 2 goals; Boards flight to Sarajevo to grant a dying child’s wish to meet him — 101GG
- Manchester City 1-3 Bayern Munich: Bayern dominate midfield through numbers & pressing — Zonal Marking
- Chelsea TV prove Jose Mourinho DID NOT storm out of the Steaua Bucharest presser — 101GG
- Samuel Eto’o's £4million fleet of cars — The Mail
- How Opta altered the Premier League, and soccer, forever — Pro Soccer Talk
- Swansea’s Ashley Williams absent again for Europa League clash with St Gallen — The Mirror
- Stoke City’s New Look – the Long and Short of it — StatsBomb
- Fernando Torres out for ‘two to three weeks’ after straining knee ligaments in defeat of Steaua — Telegraph
- Did FIFA intentionally derail England’s 2018 World Cup bid? — Pro Soccer Talk
- Five players ready to make a U.S. national team breakthrough — Sporting News
- World Cup 2022: Qatar prepared for summer or winter — BBC Sport
- Michel Platini calls for Fifa’s 2022 World Cup decision to be put back — The Telegraph
- Argentina to play friendly against Bosnia in St Louis in November — St Louis Cardinals
- Wayne Rooney will be fit for England’s World Cup qualifiers, says Moyes — Telegraph
- U.S. Open Cup reaction: D.C. United revel in victory, Real Salt Lake wallow in defeat — Pro Soccer Talk
- Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale in race to face Barcelona — The Telegraph
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.