Barney Ronay of The Guardian is the latest guest on the EPL Talk Podcast to discuss his newest book, The Manager: The Absurd Ascent Of The Most Important Man In Football.
Ronay is best known for his appearances on the The Guardian’s Football Weekly Podcast as well as the top writers at the newspaper. In his interview with EPL Talk, Ronay discusses several fascinating topics such as:
- How Sir Alex Ferguson will be ranked in the history of football managers after he retires from Manchester United,
- How Herbert Chapman became such a pioneer as an Arsenal manager,
- Who the surprisingly astute English manager was during the 1970s who was much smarter than he appeared,
- Whether English managers are currently in a transition period right now,
- and much more including how Barney got his start as a football writer and the memories of the first game he ever attended.
The Manager is available at all fine booksellers, and is an excellent read for those of you who want to learn more about the history of football managers and getting into the psyche of what makes a football manager tick. The book is also available via Amazon both in the United States and United Kingdom.
Be sure not to miss a single episode of the EPL Talk Podcast, the only Premier League interview show on the Internet. We have a long list of high-profile guests scheduled over the next weeks each with their own fascinating stories to tell. Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast via iTunes or visit EPL Talk or the archives for the latest episodes.