This is the reason why predictions should not be made as soon as the knockout stage ties are revealed.
In a communicae sent out by Liverpool, they confirmed that their captain will bout for at least three weeks, thus keeping him out of the first leg of the Champions League tie against the nine-time European champs.
Gerrard suffered an injury in his left leg during Liverpool’s midweek tie against Everton for the FA Cup. The Reds were eliminated from the competition by their Merseyside rivlas and Gerrard had to step off the pitch in the 16th minute.
The injury means that in addition to missing the first leg of the Champions League he will also miss the upcoming Premiership match against Portsmouth and will not be available for Fabio Cappello when England face Spain in Sevilla on February 11th.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season