In the last ten years, English football has seen an immense amount of money flow into the game, more than at any other time in the history of the sport.
However, the greed knows no boundaries. Instead, clubs are intent on finding new ways to generate more revenue. Often many of them are seeking new pastures where they can build larger stadiums to sit more paying customers.
When clubs do move to new grounds, they leave behind quaint stands, old turnstiles, cramped and often uncomfortable seats and tons of memories.
As a tribute to the former stadiums of current clubs, please watch this video aptly entitled “Buried By Progress.” The five minute video shows a slideshow of some of the old memorable stadiums such as Highbury (Arsenal), Burnden Park (Bolton), Filbert Street (Leicester), Ayresome Park (Middlesbrough), Roker Park (Sunderland) and many more.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season