Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Real Madrid Boss As Blanc Heads to PSG: Daily Soccer Report
Carlo Ancelotti has today been confirmed as the new manager of Real Madrid on a three-year deal to replace Jose Mourinho. At the same time, Laurent Blanc will replace Ancelotti to become manager of Paris Saint-Germain. Ancelotti officially takes charge on July 1.
Ancelotti’s move to Spain will now undoubtedly set off a string of transfer gossip stories in the British tabloid press linking any eligible players who used to play under Ancelotti to Real Madrid. Expect stories in the next couple of weeks about several Chelsea players possibly heading to Madrid, most of which will be hogwash (the stories, that is, not the players).
What do you think about Ancelotti’s appointment at Real Madrid? Will he be able to surpass Mourinho’s achievements? Will Ancelotti be able to convince Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at the club? Give us your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Carlo Ancelotti appointed Real Madrid boss — BBC Sport
- Chelsea agree £49.3m fee for Edinson Cavani according to Napoli’s official radio station — Pies
- Curtis Davies has completed a move to Hull City for an undisclosed fee — Birmingham City
- Swansea given permission to discuss personal terms with Nathan Redmond — Evening Post
- Swansea and Newcastle place bids for Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony — 101GG
- Swansea City and Wigan Athletic are the most famous clubs in Spain, says Jose Canas — Telegraph
- Swansea City goalkeeper David Cornell is in line for a loan move to St Mirren — Sky Sports
- Cardiff call off Malaysia trip due to Kuala Lumpur smog — The Guardian
- Lee Trundle agrees to become Swansea’s first official ‘Club Ambassador’ — Sky Sports
- Ashley Williams focusing on new Swansea City season, says agent — Evening Post
- 4 EPL clubs have expressed an interest in taking Udinese striker Matej Vydra on loan — Sky Sports
- Leyton Orient sign player after Twitter approach — Off The Post
- Football insolvency expert says Coventry City could be put back up on sale — Coventry Telegraph
- Nicky Shorey has joined Brighton for pre-season training ahead a possible move — Sky Sports
- Gus Poyet polarises opinion but his future is brighter than Brighton’s — The Guardian
- Top Italian clubs raided by finance police investigating tax-dodging and money laundering — Independent
- Slaven Bilic in talks to take over as Beşiktaş manager — The Guardian
- Qatar Emir transfers power to son; Sheikh Tamim heads 2022 World Cup board — World Football Insider
- Spanish Football Federation deny robbery report claims — Evening Standard
- Uruguay play down parallel with 1950 glory as they seek to tame Brazil — The Guardian
- Brazil, Portugal to play in friendly at Gillette Stadium — Boston.com
- Trecker’s Brazil Travels: Games, protests take time off — FOX Soccer
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.