Manchester United has been dealt a blow before tomorrow’s match against Real Madrid with the news that Phil Jones has been ruled out of the match. The versatile footballer, who can play both defense and midfield, is injured and has been ruled out of the game by manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Tottenham are on the brink of joining the ‘big clubs’ predicts Andre Villas-Boas — The Independent
- Liverpool’s Anfield £150m expansion plans still on track — Liverpool Echo
- Liverpool report annual losses and £21.8m increase in debt — The Independent
- Michael Laudrup says 22 players ‘more than enough’ to tackle Europa League — The Telegraph
- Fabio Capello denies Chelsea approach to take over from Rafael Benítez — The Guardian
- Real Madrid are terrified of the Robin van Persie ‘demon’ say Spanish papers — The Telegraph
- QPR reject a “massive offer” from a Russian club for defender Chris Samba — BBC Sport
- Petr Cech asks Arsenal if they’d prefer 10 managers & 6 trophies to 1 manager & 0 trophies? — WAATP
- Cristiano Ronaldo – how do you stop him? — BBC Sport
- Darren Bent to miss Aston Villa’s next three matches with foot injury — The Telegraph
- Swansea admits they have a plan in place to find a replacement if Laudrup leaves — BBC Sport
- Aston Villa do not fear relegation battle says Paul Lambert — The Independent
- Wigan will not gamble with the club’s EPL status when it comes to the FA Cup — Sky Sports
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.