Worrying news for Manchester United fans tonight after Phil Jones limped off in the second half against Reading in the FA Cup. The injury could cause the versatile footballer, who can play defense just as well as midfield, to miss United’s massive match in the Champions League against Real Madrid.
United went on to win the match 2-1 to set up a 6th round FA Cup tie against the winner of Middlesbrough and Chelsea. If you missed the highlights from the win against Reading, here they are:
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones faces nervous wait on ankle injury — BBC Sport
- Brits trust journalists less than Americans do — Poynter.org
- Chelsea’s John Terry says winning will silence Rafael Benítez’s critics — The Guardian
- Will Arsenal’s owner please stand up? — FOX Soccer
- Angry Arsène Wenger fights back ahead of crucial Bayern Munich clash — The Guardian
- TalkSport Live lands on iOS and Android for EPL radio commentary outside Europe — TNW
- Arsène Wenger angry at ‘false’ contract reports – video — The Guardian
- Liverpool full-back Jack Robinson will spend the rest of the season on loan at Wolves — Sky Sports
- Bayern Munich’s Jupp Heynckes defends Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger — The Guardian
- West Ham’s move to Olympic Stadium stalls again — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.