Liverpool has had a tough start to the season with matches against Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City, so it’s not surprising that they find themselves in the position that they’re in. Things will start getting easier for the Reds, and we’ll begin to see more youngsters coming through the system who have shown so much promise so far such as Sterling and Suso. We may see even more teenagers in the side now that Martin Kelly has been ruled out until next year with an injury, while Daniel Agger could be out for the season. Fabio Borini is also an injury concern.
Things will start getting better for Liverpool. It’s just going to take time and patience.
Here are the Premier League news headlines this morning:
- Martin Kelly ruled out until new year while Daniel Agger could miss rest of the season — The Telegraph
- Franco Baldini is set to turn down any approach from Spurs as technical director — BBC Sport
- Manchester City have agreed a new long-term deal with striking starlet John Guidetti — Sky Sports
- Defeat and chants tarnish Liverpool’s celebration of justice — The Guardian
- Liverpool is sweating over injury picked up by Fabio Borini — Sky Sports
- John Terry quits with a broken heart but he is no victim — The Guardian
- Nile Ranger arrested for criminal damage at ex-girlfriend’s flat — The Daily Mail
- Brad Friedel will remain No1 keeper for now, Tottenham tell Hugo Lloris — The Guardian
- West Ham midfielder Mark Noble has agreed a new deal to extend his stay at Upton Park — Sky Sports
- Anfield peace is short-lived as fans resume hostilities — The Independent