The news from UEFA’s Michel Platini this morning is that the Euro 2020 tournament could be played across the European continent instead of within a host country. With Europe being such a relatively small continent and budget airfare being so inexpensive for fans to follow their team, I love the idea — which is rare since it comes from Platini’s mouth. It’s something that the FIFA World Cup can’t obviously do, and it would be a great way to showcase future European Championships, in my opinion.
Since there’s no soccer on today, be sure to listen to the latest episode of the Euro Talk Podcast.
Meanwhile, here are the latest Euro 2012 news headlines from today:
- Euro 2020 could be staged in ’12 or 13 countries’ says Platini — The Guardian
- Infographic Shows Position Of All Goals Scored At Euro 2012 — Who Ate All The Pies
- After beating Germany, Cesare Prandelli had a beer at his press conference — Dirty Tackle
- A tactical overview of Italy’s 2-1 win over Germany — The Footy Blog
- EURO final facts and figures — UEFA.com
- Schadenfreude – or how we learned to love Germany’s losers — The Guardian
- Why Germany lost it — UEFA.com
- The Pirlo conundrum that could be the key to the final, says Michael Cox — The Guardian