Yaya Toure, Demba Ba And 5 Other EPL Players Caught Up in Senegal Riot: The Nightly EPL
Didier Drogba, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse and several Premier League players were forced off the field tonight during a riot in the game between Senegal and Ivory Coast. With Ivory Coast leading 2-0 until the 20th minute, the Senegal fans began to riot, setting off fireworks.
The Africa Cup of Nations playoff match was then abandoned.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Didier Drogba and Premier League players caught up in Senegal riot — The Guardian
- Premier clubs may be paid for playing young British talent — The Independent
- Arsenal climb to top of Premier League Fair Play League table — Premier League
- Poland hope to emulate the heroes of 1973 and upset England again — The Guardian
- Theo Walcott to miss Poland game with chest injury — The Daily Mail
- Liverpool move closer to Anfield redevelopment — BBC Sport
- After those initial doubts AVB is ready to make his name at Tottenham — The Guardian
- Man City start work on £100m training complex — The Telegraph
- Gareth Bale insists he did not dive to win a penalty against Scotland — The Daily Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.