- The EPL Talk Podcast has been nominated for a Football FanCast Podcast of 2007/2008 Award. Please take 30 seconds and vote for EPL Talk now. No registration required, and thanks in advance for your vote. We don’t make a single dime from the podcasts, so if you can show your appreciation with a vote, we’d greatly appreciate it.
- Last night EPL Talk launched a new feature to the website which allows you to rate each article, but also rate the comments made by you, the readers. Plus you can add your avatar, so it’s viewable by everyone when you post a comment (or if you’re an EPL Talk writer, when you also post an article). We’ll be keeping a close eye on the new feature to see how well it works. If it succeeds, we’ll add it to the EPL Talk sister sites.
- One of the readers last week (Dave M) mentioned that it would be nice if there was a way to be notified when content was added across the EPL Talk network of sites instead of having to subscribe to separate RSS feeds for each site. If you’re in the same boat as Dave M, go ahead and bookmark EPL Talk’s Friendfeed page (or better yet, subscribe to the RSS feed).
- The EPL Talk blog/website has zoomed into second position in the Top Soccer Blogs section of Ballhype’s website. Thanks for your continued support.
- If you’re looking for a list of this summer’s preseason friendlies for Premier League clubs, visit the Preseason Friendlies page on EPL Talk.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Reading have signed Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon on a season-long loan. The 21-year-old Brazilian, who has played three times for the Blues, will spend the entire 2015-16 campaign with the Royals, who fought off stern competition for his signature. SEE MORE: Up-to-the-minute transfer deadline deals. Boss Steve Clarke told the club’s […]
Sunderland have allowed Italy winger Emanuele Giaccherini to join newly-promoted Serie A side Bologna on a season-long loan. The 30-year-old joined the Black Cats from Juventus in July 2013 and made 24 Barclays Premier League appearances, scoring four goals, during his first season with the club. SEE MORE: Up-to-the-minute transfer […]
Liverpool have announced the signing of Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi, who will immediately head out on loan with FSV Frankfurt. The 18-year-old, who joins the Reds having previously represented Imperial Academy in Nigeria, is to spend the rest of the season on loan with the second division German side. Liverpool […]
According to multiple reports in Spain, David de Gea’s transfer saga is over, with the Manchester United having signed for Real Madrid, with Costa Rican international Keylor Navas headed to Old Trafford. De Gea, in the last year of his contract with United, is set to move in a deal […]
“When I was your age, I could go see a movie for a nickel.” It’s a cliché, but my grandmother still said it, and I know she’s not the only one. I would roll my eyes, tune her out and take another Werther’s Original out of her seemingly never-ending pile. […]
Manchester United’s winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the rest of the season. The 20-year-old Belgium international has struggled to fit into the team under manager Louis van Gaal, though he did score the winner against Aston Villa earlier this season, and will move to […]
Swansea stunned Manchester United for the third consecutive time with another comeback win at the Liberty Stadium. Juan Mata's close-range strike just after half-time put United ahead, but Andre Ayew and Bafetimbi Gomis gave Swansea a 2-1 victory which moved them above the Red Devils and into the top four […]
Having grown weary of the continuing John Stones saga, Everton manager Roberto Martinez had one reason to be positive ahead of tomorrow’s Carling Cup fixture against League One Barnsley: The return of injury-plagued defender Bryan Oviedo. The Costa Rica international has been dogged by fitness concerns in the last two seasons but is ready […]
Coming into the season, Manchester United’s biggest question was supposed to be in defense, where fans’ brows furrowed when Daley Blind started the season at center back. Goalkeeper was also a doubt, with Sergio Romero chosen over the want-away David de Gea, while the additions of Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger […]
The draw for the third round of the Capital One Cup (aka League Cup) has been made, and a few mouthwatering ties have been drawn out of the hat including a north London derby between Arsenal and Spurs. Other matches to keep a close eye on include the Midlands derby […]
There are losses and, then, there are losses. Some hurt more than others. Some happen in preseason and come with a certain luxury of avoidance and denial. Others happen during the season and can demoralize or inspire fans. As a Chelsea fan, I know that watching them lose to a major rival like Manchester City earlier […]
After years of stubbornness from manager Arsene Wenger hampered Arsenal in pursuit of the Premier League title, the cerebral Frenchman seems to be learning overdue lessons that will enrich a renewed charge towards top spot in 2015-16. The first signs of which came during Arsenal’s fine run to the finish […]
Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham will announce a new signing in the next few days. Spurs have signed three defenders in Kieran Trippier, Toby Alderweireld and Kevin Wimmer so far this summer, but with Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor both expected to leave the club, Harry Kane is at risk of […]
Pep Guardiola has cast doubts over Bastian Schweinsteiger's fitness by revealing the Manchester United midfielder has not been problem-free for three years. Schweinsteiger, who spent 16 years at Bayern, moved to United earlier this summer but Guardiola stressed first and foremost the Red Devils have to get the World Cup […]
Manuel Pellegrini hit back at claims from rival Jose Mourinho that Manchester City's 3-0 win over Chelsea was "completely fake". City sent out a strong title warning as they outplayed the champions at the Etihad Stadium to continue their superb start to the Barclays Premier League season. Mourinho felt the […]