- The EPL Talk Podcast has been nominated for a Football FanCast Podcast of 2007/2008 Award. Please take 30 seconds and vote for EPL Talk now. No registration required, and thanks in advance for your vote. We don’t make a single dime from the podcasts, so if you can show your appreciation with a vote, we’d greatly appreciate it.
- Last night EPL Talk launched a new feature to the website which allows you to rate each article, but also rate the comments made by you, the readers. Plus you can add your avatar, so it’s viewable by everyone when you post a comment (or if you’re an EPL Talk writer, when you also post an article). We’ll be keeping a close eye on the new feature to see how well it works. If it succeeds, we’ll add it to the EPL Talk sister sites.
- One of the readers last week (Dave M) mentioned that it would be nice if there was a way to be notified when content was added across the EPL Talk network of sites instead of having to subscribe to separate RSS feeds for each site. If you’re in the same boat as Dave M, go ahead and bookmark EPL Talk’s Friendfeed page (or better yet, subscribe to the RSS feed).
- The EPL Talk blog/website has zoomed into second position in the Top Soccer Blogs section of Ballhype’s website. Thanks for your continued support.
- If you’re looking for a list of this summer’s preseason friendlies for Premier League clubs, visit the Preseason Friendlies page on EPL Talk.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Jose Mourinho has admitted that Tottenham Hotspur are potential title challengers ahead of their clash with Chelsea on Sunday and refuses to rule out moves for Harry Kane and James Vardy. The Portuguese also denied that his Chelsea side have an advantage over Spurs, despite an extra two days’ rest […]
This Sunday at 2pm ET, NBCSN will debut a brand-new Premier League Download episode. This time the subject is Crystal Palace, the south London club who have been in the headlines recently after potential investment from NBA and NHL investors in the United States. To give Crystal Palace full credit, […]
Since Jürgen Klopp arrived to manage Liverpool, a feeling of positivity and progression has reverberated around Anfield. Even during the sequence of draws before his first win, the squad showed encouraging signs of believing in his tactics, specifically the all-important gegenpressing. And while it is taking longer to mirror his […]
From a position of strength at the top of the Premier League a week ago, Manchester City suddenly face a test of their staying power against Southampton on Saturday. City’s shock 4-1 defeat at home to Liverpool last Saturday saw them surrender the lead in the title race, with manager […]
1. SOCCER BOOKS Soccer fans love books especially when they’re from some of the best authors in the business and on topics that only hardcore soccer fans could love. This year, there are several wonderful titles to choose from such as: — DAS REBOOT by Rafa Honigstein Raphael Honigstein charts the […]
A Premier League record could be broken on Saturday afternoon, in a repeat of a fixture last season that produced one of the most thrilling games the competition has ever seen. That match is one of two from English football’s top flight, which feature on our list this week. The […]
Things are heating up in North London between Arsenal and Tottenham, with last weekend’s results leaving Spurs only two points behind the rival Gunners, who sit in fourth place in the English Premier League. But it is not just on the pitch where the competition is picking up. Both teams […]
Whatever your take on Daniel Levy, you have to admit that the Tottenham Hotspur chairman is a bit of a wizard in the transfer market. Hard as nails to deal with, his insistence on getting the best possible transfer deal, penny for penny, led Sir Alex Ferguson to say dealing […]
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said on Wednesday he will not rush injury-prone striker Daniel Sturridge back into first-team action until the England international can prove he is more “robust.” Sturridge, 26, was on the bench for Saturday’s 4-1 demolition of erstwhile Premier League leaders Manchester City, the first time he […]
Feeling over-Klopped yet? Allow Isaac to help. In an opportunity arranged by LFCTV, young Isaac was given an exclusive at Melwood with the new Liverpool boss, resulting in this adorable six-minute interview. From enticing Klopp into a Gene Simmons impression to the challenge of trying to expand his Scouse, Isaac […]
The French national anthem will be played before all English top-flight games this weekend as a mark of solidarity over the Paris attacks, the Premier League announced on Thursday. It comes after fans joined together to sing ‘La Marseillaise’ prior to England’s 2-0 friendly win over France at Wembley on Tuesday, […]
Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is convinced manager Louis van Gaal will bring success to the club and urged fans to show patience. Supporters have begun to show dissent at the style of play the Dutchman has brought in at Old Trafford, and chants of “attack, attack, attack” were in […]
If you can get away with it, writing a book on leadership lessons is the greatest gig ever. If your book isn’t good or has bad advice, by default the reader is to blame because, well, the author was successful so the advice must work! In a sense, these kind […]
Yaya Toure struck a late penalty winner as Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester City snatched a dramatic 2-1 win over 10-man Norwich. A Joe Hart error had gifted Norwich's Cameron Jerome an unlikely equalizer seven minutes from time at the Etihad Stadium. Before that City had looked in control after […]
Here’s today’s TV schedule for viewers/readers in the United States (as well as listings of commentators): Watford vs. Manchester United, 7:45am, NBCSN Chelsea vs. Norwich, 10am, NBCSN West Brom vs. Arsenal, 10am, USA Everton vs. Aston Villa, 10am, Premier League Extra Time Newcastle vs. Leicester, 10am, Premier League Extra Time […]
Remi Garde is hotly tipped to become Aston Villa’s new manager after the club sacked Tim Sherwood on Sunday. The club are bottom of the Barclays Premier League and the former Lyon boss is the bookies’ favorite to take the Villa Park hotseat. Here, Press Association Sport looks at the […]
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has told Eden Hazard to improve his defensive workrate after dropping the playmaker for the Premier League champions' 2-0 win at home to Aston Villa. Hazard, the recipient of numerous player of the year awards last term as Chelsea won the title, began on the substitutes' […]
Jose Mourinho has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association following his half-time dismissal in Chelsea’s loss at West Ham. Mourinho, who is appealing against a £50,000 fine and suspended one-match stadium ban for comments made about officials following the Oct. 3 loss to Southampton, faces further charges after […]
New Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has talked to Steven Gerrard about to train with the team this fall, the Independent reported on Tuesday. According to the report, discussions between Klopp and the current LA Galaxy midfielder could eventually encompass a playing role, though only training through Jan. 15 is currently being discussed. Gerrard completed his […]
Claudio Ranieri will deliver on his promise to get his squad pizzas after Leicester’s first clean sheet of the season. Several weeks ago the City boss promised to treat his players when they kept out the opposition, and last weekend, at the 12th time of asking, the Foxes finally did […]