Spanish Supercopa TV Schedule
The Spanish Supercopa TV schedule only gets changed a couple of times a year.
As the name implies, the Spanish Supercopa, or Supercopa de España, is a cup competition. Similar to the Community Shield, the competition features the previous winners of the Copa del Rey and LaLiga. However, there is one key difference.
While most supercup competitions only include last season’s champions, the Spanish Supercopa differs. In addition to the winners, the Supercopa also includes the runner-ups from both competitions. The other finalist in the Copa del Rey as well as the second-place LaLiga side.
Includes: Supercopa, World Cup + 84 Sports Channels
|7-Day Free Trial|
Spanish Supercup TV Schedule
There are frequently instances where these clubs may overlap, particularly in what many think is an unbalanced league. For example, say Barcelona wins a league and cup double as they did in the 2017-18 campaign. As Barcelona cannot be two of the four teams in the Spanish Supercopa, the second- and third-place teams from LaLiga play in the season prior qualify for the Supercopa.
History of the Spanish Supercopa
This four-team format only started during the 2019/20 season. Prior to that, and since 1982, the Spanish Supercopa was simply a two-legged fixture between the league and cup champions.
In that time frame, Barcelona emerged as the most successful side in the competition. The Catalan side has 13 Spanish Supercup wins to go along with 11 runner-up finishes. Real Madrid sits just behind Barcelona with 11 wins in the competition.
It should be no surprise that these two clubs are head and shoulders above the rest of Spain in terms of Spanish Supercopa crowns. The duo clearly have the most LaLiga and Copa del Rey titles. Therefore, they simply have the most experience in the competition.
That being said, the Spanish Supercup does have its share of exciting moments. Both of the finals in the four-team format needed extra time to determine a champion. Athletic Bilbao upsetting Barcelona in 2020/21 after Real Madrid beat Atletico on penalties the year prior.
The competition used to be home-and-away fixtures between the two teams. However, the competition seems to switch venues. The COVID-19 pandemic forced the four-team tournament to be played behind closed doors in Seville. However, recent competitions occurred in Morocco and Saudi Arabia.
ESPN owns the rights to much of Spanish soccer, including both league and cup competitions. With the Spanish Supercopa TV schedule, there are only three games. Therefore, expect these to be on linear television (and ESPN+). Meanwhile, the majority of LaLiga games and Copa del Rey fixtures are on ESPN+.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- USMNT World Cup kits real or fake? Combing through the clues
- Brighton sign Ecuador’s Estupinan from Villarreal
- PSV rescue Rangers draw as Obispo spares Benitez’s blushes in Champions League play-offs
- Ex-Man Utd star Giggs admits to lifelong infidelity in court testimony
- Our 6 way-too-early reactions to 2022/23 Premier League season
- Van Dijk says Nunez must ‘control himself’ after Liverpool red card
- Man City complete signing of Spanish defender Gomez
- International efforts needed to understand sport’s dementia risk: report
- ‘Very special’: English teenager Bynoe-Gittens extends Dortmund deal
- Where to find Rangers vs. PSV Eindhoven on US TV