El Clásico: Where to watch Real Madrid vs. Barcelona in USA
Millions around the world need to know how and where to watch Real Madrid play Barcelona.
Wondering where you can see El Clásico? US viewers can watch the match on ESPN or stream on ESPN+. In the time since the change of broadcasters, El Clasico featured exclusively on ESPN+. This is perhaps to drive up subscriptions on the platform. However, the Supercopa de España semifinal in early 2022 was on ESPN.
It is a major game that pulls in viewers due to the talent on display each time these two meet.
El Clásico involves the biggest clubs and biggest players in the world of soccer. Many of the greatest to grace a soccer field feature in this game. For example, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Diego Maradona, Zinedine Zidane, Johan Cruyff and Alfredo Di Stefano are just a handful of players to play in this game’s illustrious history.
El Clásico’s seemingly unending drama encapsulates, supporters of Los Blancos or the Blaugrana. Or, you could be one of the millions of neutrals just interested in the fixture’s intensity.
Even though the Ronaldo vs. Messi era is in the past, the game still delivers in terms of intensity and importance, regardless of the competition.
The best way to watch Real Madrid versus Barcelona is through ESPN+.
Watch Real Madrid versus Barcelona on TV
ESPN acquired the rights to broadcast Spain’s top flight in 2021, having already held the rights to the Copa del Rey.
In this deal, ESPN airs the majority of the games featuring the two Spanish giants on ESPN+. That includes the first Clásico of the 2021/22 season.
Recommended viewing option:
Watch El Clásico live
Includes: El Clásico, LaLiga & Bundesliga
There are instances of the provider placing games on one of the linear channels. For example, the Copa del Rey final from 2020/21 and the 2021/22 season opener, both of which included FC Barcelona, aired on ABC.
With a game of this magnitude, it makes sense to place the game where most people would be able to see it. However, ESPN+ likely gains subscriptions based solely on people wanting to watch Real Madrid play Barcelona.
Live stream Barcelona vs. Real Madrid
ESPN+ is available on practically any platform. For example, iPhone, Androids and phones and tablets access ESPN+ through the ESPN app.
This also applies to televisions with devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or systems such as Xbox and PlayStation.
As of the beginning of 2022, ESPN+ comes in at a monthly cost of $6.99. There is also an annual subscription available at the sign-up link.
However, the Disney bundle takes off a significant chunk of the prices for three related streaming services. At a base price of $13.99 per month, the Disney bundle provides access to ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu. There are also increased pricing options for Hulu without ads or Hulu + Live TV, depending on user preferences.
The Disney bundle provides for the entire family at a largely reduced cost.
Who has won the most El Clásico matches?
El Clásico is one of the closest derbies in European soccer. Additionally, it is one of the most historic.
Over the rivalry’s history, some of the biggest names of the sport featured in the rivalry. Therefore, the leading scorers on either side are icons of the game.
For Real Madrid, two players actually take the crown for leading scorer in this stories rivalry. Alfredo di Stefano and Cristiano Ronaldo, legends of the Santiago Bernabeu, both have 18 goals. On Barcelona’s side, Lionel Messi is, unsurprisingly, the all-time leading scorer for the Catalans. His 26 goals leads all players in El Clásico scoring.
Messi also holds the crown for most appearances by a Barcelona player at 45. Interestingly, Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos also has 45 appearances in this derby.
The following statistics are specific to fixtures in El Clásico.
In recent years, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have gone on runs of form in the derby. Most recently, Real Madrid has wins in the last five renditions of the matchup, coming in league play and the Supercopa de España.
On March 20, Barcelona ended a five-game losing streak against its biggest rivals. Not only did the Catalan side go into the Santiago Bernabeu and win, but Xavi’s squad did it convincingly.
A 4-0 thrashing headlined by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s brace was kind to Real Madrid. The Blaugrana dominated all facets of this game. In the end, Barcelona held 60% possession while mustering 10 shots on target compared to Real Madrid’s four.
This pivotal game should prove helpful to a young Barcelona side and Xavi as this series grows ever closer.
El Clásico news and notes
- Latest updates on Real Madrid.
- Sheriff Tiraspol pull of shock upset of Real Madrid.
- Mbappe focusing on PSG despite tie against Real Madrid.
- Latest updates on Barcelona.
- How Barcelona fell into a financial black hole.
- Lionel Messi’s 20-year career ends.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- New-look Barca frustrated by Rayo in season opener
- Champions Milan off to winning start, Dumfries steals show for Inter
- Neymar scores brace, Mbappe on target in PSG victory
- Blame me says Ten Hag after Brentford battering leaves Man Utd bottom
- Man United bottom of table for first time in 30 years after 4-0 rout
- Lukaku nets seconds into Inter return at Lecce
- Lukaku nets seconds into Inter return at Lecce
- Jesus can take Arteta’s Arsenal to next level after Leicester double
- AC Milan begin Serie A title defence with Udinese win
- Man United bottom of Premier League after 4-0 thrashing by Brentford