The Hague (AFP) – The Netherlands’ star striker Vivianne Miedema is back with the Oranje’s Euro 2022 squad after her positive Covid-19 test in time for their quarter-final against France, the champions announced Wednesday.
Miedema, 26, was ruled out of her country’s second match against Portugal last week.
The Arsenal player is her country’s all-time leading scorer with 94 goals in 112 appearances and so her return is a major boost ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Les Bleues.
“Viv is back” the Netherlands confirmed on Twitter.
In her absence the Dutch overcame Portugal 3-2 and defeated Switzerland 4-1 to progress to the knockout stages as runners-up to Sweden in Group C.
Her return is timely following the competition-ending foot injury of another Dutch star, Paris Saint-Germain’s Lieke Martens, on Tuesday.
Midfielder Jackie Groenen has also returned from isolation after contracting coronavirus.
The Dutch are however without their captain and goalkeeper Sari van Veenendaal who suffered a shoulder injury in the tournament opener with Sweden.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season