The Hague (AFP) – The Netherlands’ star striker Vivianne Miedema is back with the Oranje’s Euro 2022 squad after her positive Covid-19 test in time for their quarter-final against France, the champions announced Wednesday.
Miedema, 26, was ruled out of her country’s second match against Portugal last week.
The Arsenal player is her country’s all-time leading scorer with 94 goals in 112 appearances and so her return is a major boost ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Les Bleues.
“Viv is back” the Netherlands confirmed on Twitter.
In her absence the Dutch overcame Portugal 3-2 and defeated Switzerland 4-1 to progress to the knockout stages as runners-up to Sweden in Group C.
Her return is timely following the competition-ending foot injury of another Dutch star, Paris Saint-Germain’s Lieke Martens, on Tuesday.
Midfielder Jackie Groenen has also returned from isolation after contracting coronavirus.
The Dutch are however without their captain and goalkeeper Sari van Veenendaal who suffered a shoulder injury in the tournament opener with Sweden.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea boss Tuchel given one-game ban after Spurs red card
- Man Utd icon Ferguson lauds Giggs’ temperament’ at assault trial
- EPL commentators on NBC: Aug. 20 to 22
- CBS renews UEFA Champions League rights through 2029/30
- Ten Hag demands attitude change from Man Utd
- Dortmund chairman rules out move for Cristiano Ronaldo
- Injured Kante sidelined for several weeks: Tuchel
- Arteta ‘confident’ Saka will sign new Arsenal contract
- Urawa crush JDT to advance in Asian Champions League
- ESPN+ renews Eredivisie rights to continue showing Dutch soccer