SUN, 8:30AM ET
TRI1
THFC2
SAT, 7:45AM ET
AST
NEW

2010-11 English Premier League Preview, Part III: EPL Talk Podcast

EPL Talk Podcast Logo draft 300x242 2010 11 English Premier League Preview, Part III:  EPL Talk Podcast

Wednesday is here, and time for the EPL Talk team to tackle the strength of the league. No league in the world has the kind of depth the Premier League has four through eight. Today, Laurence McKenna, Kartik Krishnaiyer and myself talk about Aston Villa, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Tottenham and pick which teams will miss-out on Europe and which team will go to Champions League.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 2010-11 English Premier League Preview, Part III: EPL Talk Podcast

1. BBC says:

Eighth? Et tu, Kartik? Man City is definitely stronger defensively, but I’m worried that Mancini will set them up too negatively with all the holding midfielders that they have and will miss some opportunities for points against the bottom of the table. Hopefully, City can get fourth so that they can really start spending some money

2. jimmy says:

Hi, Does anyone have the EPL mini league code?

3. toddmintz says:

I am more in tune with Richard comments. I see this group in the 4-8 group as well. Villa will not be in Uefa spot. I have Tottenham 5 after Man City just ahead of Liverpool but Liverpool could finish high as #5 Everton#7 Villa #8 I am not sold on Stoke #9, I sense Wigan will be improved and could challenge for higher finish up the table. Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal 1-3.

4. Sam says:

You say ‘No league in the world has the kind of depth the Premier League has four through eight.’ and this passes uncommented as an accepted fact.

Though I do tend to agree with you I can’t help but wonder why, if this is the case, that english club don’t tend to do well in the uefa cup when paired against clubs in similar positions in other leagues. Middlesborough and Fulham are aberrations, and I wouldn’t even include them in this group. What’s your opinion on why Everton, or Villa, or Spurs have never really made an impact? It can all be explained by disinterest or recent improvement – Everton and Villa were probably better teams 2 seasons ago than now.

• Richard says:

GREAT point, Sam, plus you’ve given me something with which I can open tomorrow’s show. I will discuss it (as well as anything else people think of) then. So, I’ll talk to you tomorrow morning!

5. toddmintz says:

I try to focus on recent developments. It is calle Fulham lost a heartbreaking final to Villareal in the UEFA cup Final in May. Called piece of brilliance by Forlan and Diego’s son in law took to beat Fulham.

6. the oracle says:

man city 2010/11 double winners ……watch this space

7. lastin says:

Oracle your opinion is okey but to me it sounds very optimistic Man city can’t win double; one is great achievement for them and enough this season.

2010-11 English Premier League Preview, Part III: EPL Talk Podcast