With Women’s Euro 2022 coming up, Nike has dropped some new threads for three of the competitions biggest sides, and the company’s “fingerprints” are certainly all over these designs.
Let go in alphabetical order and take a look:
England will be outfitted in a look not too dissimilar from what we usually see, an all-white home strip and a red (although it’s really bordering on a bright orange-ish color) away. The white top has a geometric pattern reminiscent of cut gemstones. The red design is, as we’ll see later, a basic template design with a texture throughout (which is hard to see in some lighting conditions) that looks like a close up of a fingerprint. The away is trimmed in a dark red/maroon on the sleeves and collar, with a hint of the gem-triangle pattern around the neck. Both shirts feature crests and Nike emblems with a pearlescent, 3D finish which is an interesting flourish to give what are otherwise basic kits a bit of pizzazz.
England has a very simple traditional look, and these certainly do the job. The iridescent badges are a nice touch, but they lose points for phoning in the away shirt with a template.
Browse the latest England shirts in more detail.
France utilizes the new Nike “fingerprint” template for both of their 2022 shirts, but thankfully on both it’s not the only thing going on. The blue home features an ornate floral design throughout, like something you’d see gracing the walls of Versailles. Sometimes something that busy can easily go over the top, but here it really works. It’s undeniably French and looks superb. The white away is trimmed with a rose gold crest and side stripe, which also has the floral pattern from the home shirt within. It’s pretty basic, but it’s a nice counterpoint to the super fancy home shirt. Both shirts feature the wonderful FFF rooster crest and have a small French tricolor on the sleeve cuff.
Full of both flair and sophistication, this is a very solid set and fits the team and nation well.
Browse the latest France shirts to see them in more detail.
The Oranje will be rolling with the Nike fingerprint template for their home shirt, in what else but classic Dutch orange. The black trim and always gorgeously-embroidered KNVB badge really make it pop. It’s a super sharp look. The away shirt takes cues from the nation’s culture and history off the pitch, with a blocky, colorful design in the white, blue and red of the Netherlands flag in the style of the early 20th century De Stijl Dutch art movement. The lion within the red shield is rendered in orange, tying the whole thing back to the iconic Dutch football look.
The template works for the traditionally simple orange home top thanks to the bold black trim, and the away is sure to be one of the more fun designs we see come out of the tournament.
Browse the latest Netherlands shirts online.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- World Cup tickets on sale and in high demand
- Euro hosts England thrash reigning champions Netherlands in friendly
- Man City agree deal for Leeds midfielder Phillips: reports
- Chelsea favorites to land Neymar if Brazilian departs PSG
- Former England star Rooney quits as Derby manager
- USMNT goalkeepers: Lack of playing time creates big dilemma
- Success of Apple’s groundbreaking MLS deal hinges on pricing
- Milan begin Serie A title defence with Udinese visit in mid-August
- Where to find Boca Juniors vs. Unión Santa Fe on US TV