You can watch the 2022 UEFA Champions League Final for free without cable, in a variety of ways as well.
The biggest annual club competition in the world pits Liverpool and Real Madrid head to head. These two teams met back in 2018, with Real Madrid winning 3-1. That game was notable for a number of reasons. For one, Loris Karius practically gifted Real Madrid two goals. Also, Gareth Bale scored perhaps one of the best goals in Champions League Final history with his overhead kick. However, Mohamed Salah exited the game early due to a shoulder injury in just the 25th minute. In the end, that game aired on FOX.
Much changed since then, including the fact that FOX is all but out of the club soccer scene. The Champions League coverage in the United States changed hands a number of times. Eventually, it landed in the hands of CBS and its streaming platform Paramount+.
Flash forward four years and a pandemic later, you can watch the rematch in the Champions League Final for free without cable. Streaming now plays a major role in the soccer media scene. With CBS owning the English-language rights to the competition, there are a number of ways to watch the biggest club game of the year.
Watch the Champions League Final for free without cable
Here are the different ways to watch the Champions League Final for free without cable:
- CBS network (over the air, free)
- Univision network (over the air, free)
- Paramount+ (free 7-day trial)
- fuboTV (free 7-day trial)
- DirecTV Stream (free 5-day trial)
it makes sense to start with the over-the-air channels. In addition to cable, satellite or streaming options, all you need is an antenna to watch the Champions League Final for free in the United States.
The game is on CBS and Univision for Spanish-language coverage. All cable and satellite providers carry these channels. Therefore, if you already have a TV service like that, you have the channel to watch the UEFA Champions League Final.
However, streaming is so common for sports fans nowadays due to the high costs of cable or satellite. Plus, some people want more specialized viewing experiences.
Free trials on streaming
There are three different ways you can watch the Champions League Final for free in the United States via streaming.
All of the following options provide free trials lasting around a week.
Let’s start with Paramount+. The streaming platform launched by CBS is the home of the Champions League throughout the season. Many major European soccer fans in the U.S. likely already have a subscription to Paramount+.
However, for those trying to get access to just the Champions League trial, the seven-day free trial provides total access to the platform’s content. In total, Paramount+ has more than 2,000 soccer games per year. In the same manner, that doesn’t include all of the movies, shows and live TV it offers too.
fuboTV also has a seven-day free trial, just like Paramount+. After the trial period, fuboTV is much more expensive. However, it does carry over 84 channels, many of which cater to soccer and other sports.
The same applies for DirecTV STREAM. This is the streaming version of the DirecTV satellite option. It is cheaper and provides ease of access without the need for a satellite dish.
The five-day free trial from DirecTV STREAM provides access to the channel CBS and Univision, which broadcast the Champions League Final.
Photo By ANP / Contributor via Getty Images
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Amazon secure Champions League rights in UK for first time
- France international Tolisso completes return to Lyon
- Celtic ‘only getting better’ after making Jota deal permanent
- Man City sign German goalkeeper Ortega
- Tottenham complete signing of £60 million Richarlison
- Where to find Boca Juniors vs. Banfield on US TV
- Where to find USMNT U-20 vs. Honduras U-20 on US TV
- Vitinha joins PSG in club’s first off-season signing
- Serie A reaches TV rights deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- ESPN reveals Women’s Euro 2022 commentators and analysts