Munich (Allemagne) (AFP) – Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer “did well” in a first training session since fracturing his foot but remains in limbo in terms of a return to competition, said coach Jupp Heynckes on Friday.
“The session went well,” Heynckes said, a day after Neuer put on the gloves for the first time since injuring his foot last September.
“Given the circumstances, he’s doing very well. He’s in no pain and his foot is showing no negative signs.”
While 32-year-old Neuer is hoping to return in time for the June 14-July 15 World Cup in Russia, Germany coach Joachim Loew has hinted he would not take the Bayern shot-stopper if not fully fit.
That could leave Barcelona ‘keeper Marc Andre ter-Stegen as Germany’s number one in Russia.
Heynckes, 72, said Bayern are sticking to a plan they have put together with the club’s medical experts.
He added: “We will continue to discuss our plan. We will stick to it, then we will see what happens.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Rangers and Frankfurt roll back the years for retro Europa League final
- Klopp confident Salah, Van Dijk fit for Champions League final
- Newcastle blow up Arsenal’s Champions League dream
- Clint Dempsey joins FOX Sports for World Cup 2022 coverage
- Newcastle blow up Arsenal’s Champions League dreams
- Chiellini says goodbye to Juve fans as last-gasp Lazio make Europa League
- Blackpool’s Daniels ends 32-year wait for gay UK male footballer to come out
- Liverpool assess Salah, Van Dijk ahead of Southampton clash
- African players in Europe: Mane has last laugh on Mendy
- Anti-homophobia group demands PSG explain Gueye absence