Bayern Munich have ruled out Arjen Robben and Robert Lewandowski from their Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.
Both players suffered injuries during yesterday’s German Cup semi-final defeat to Borussia Dortmund.
Bayern, who won the Bundesliga on Sunday, had their treble hopes dashed after missing all four of their penalties in the shootout with Dortmund.
Robben has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a muscle tear in his left leg, while Lewandowski suffered a fractured nose and concussion. The club did not specify the length of the striker’s injury but he is expected to miss both legs of the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.
Bayern Munich are already without a number of players, including Franck Ribery and David Alaba.
This latest injury blow will severely hamper the teams chances of defeating an in-form Barcelona and advancing to the Champions League final in Berlin.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Plea penalty sends Gladbach top in Germany
- Tete double helps Lyon ease past Troyes
- Man Utd agree to sign Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro
- Chelsea boss Tuchel given one-game ban after Spurs red card
- Man Utd icon Ferguson lauds Giggs’ temperament’ at assault trial
- EPL commentators on NBC: Aug. 20 to 22
- CBS renews UEFA Champions League rights through 2029/30
- Ten Hag demands attitude change from Man Utd
- Dortmund chairman rules out move for Cristiano Ronaldo
- Injured Kante sidelined for several weeks: Tuchel