Manchester City's Barclays Premier League title hopes suffered another setback as they needed an stoppage-time equalizer from James Milner to snatch a 1-1 draw at home to struggling Hull.
David Meyler capitalized on poor City defending to fire Steve Bruce's side ahead in the 35th minute, thus condemning City to a fifth match without a win in all competitions.
That wretched run, which has yielded just two points from a possible 12 and seen them knocked out of the FA Cup by Middlesbrough, has seen them drop seven points behind leaders Chelsea after Jose Mourinho's men won 2-1 at Aston Villa.
To make matters worse for the champions, they were up against a Tigers side who came into the game in the relegation zone and on the back of four straight defeats.
A first goal in five matches helped Hull stop the rot and move out of the bottom three, but were denied all three points by Milner's brilliant free-kick two minutes into time added on.
Mobile app users, watch the video highlights.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV