For football fans Christmas really starts on Boxing Day with a full Premier League betting coupon to get stuck into! Easyodds.com editor Simon Hopper has already tipped some huge shocks this season including Swansea to beat Man Utd at 10/1, Newcastle to beat Chelsea at 7/1 and West Ham to beat Man City at 11/2 – so don’t miss his top five bets from December 26!
* Visit easyodds.com’s Premier League betting centre to compare all the best odds from every market plus get expert tips for every fixture…
** Follow Simon on Twitter: @hopperfootball
#5 Arsenal v QPR (Boxing Day, 17:30, BT Sport 1)
Both Teams To Score @ Evens –
Arsenal’s defence looks decidedly shaky this season and you can tell that by the fact that six of their eight home league games this season have seen both teams score. If key defender Laurent Koscielny is again ruled out then it would be a big boost to this bet, while they looked all over the place at the back in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool last time out. QPR still have a 100% away loss record this season but they are at least carrying a goal threat now with Charlie Austin in sparkling form while they’ve already notched at the likes of Chelsea, Southampton and Everton this term. The Hoops will fancy their chances of at least scoring at the Emirates and both teams to score at even money looks good to me.
#4 Swansea v Aston Villa (Boxing Day, 15:00)
Wilfried Bony Anytime Scorer @ 5/4 –
Wilfried Bony was rested from Swansea’s 1-0 win at Hull last weekend so he should be fully refreshed and ready to tear into Aston Villa on Boxing Day. The big Ivorian is a goal machine at the Liberty with five strikes in his last six home league appearances and he should enjoy taking on a Villa defence with just one clean sheet in their last six league outings.
#3 Everton v Stoke (Boxing Day, 15:00)
Both Teams To Score @ 21/20 –
This looks a cracking value bet given that six of Everton’s eight home league games this season have seen both teams score while they were a defensive shambles in their 3-0 hammering at Southampton last time out. Mark Hughes has made Stoke much more of a threat on the road – they’ve only failed to score in two of their nine away league games this season and Everton’s possession-based game should play into their counter-attacking hands. Both teams to score at 21/20 looks a great wager.
#2 West Brom v Man City (Boxing Day, 15:00)
West Brom Or Double Chance @ 8/5 –
West Brom are hardly pulling up any trees but they don’t lose many at the Hawthorns with just 10 defeats in their last 29 home league games, while Man United (2-2) have already failed to win here this season. Man City are purring after six straight league wins but Manuel Pellegrini still has no fit strikers to choose from and that will surely catch up with the champions eventually.
#1 Man Utd v Newcastle (Boxing Day, 15:00, BT Sport 1)
Newcastle To Win @ 17/2 –
This is the best bet of Boxing Day. Man United are still playing poorly and they were hanging on for a point at 10-man Aston Villa last weekend which is not a good sign. Anyone who followed their six match league winning streak will know that they were very lucky to win at least five of them and Louis van Gaal’s side are still very much a work in progress. Newcastle may have lost the Tyne-Wear derby last time out but they’re still sat just six places below their opponents and have won almost a third of their away league matches since the start of last season. The Magpies are not 17/2 no-hopers here and are a clear value bet.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family