During the 2010-11 Premier League season, Blackpool emerged as a free-flowing attacking side that scored plenty of goals but unfortunately let more goals in, which was ultimately their downfall and the major reason why the club was relegated in May 2011.
Just three years later, the club is in a financial quagmire.
Blackpool FC only has eight players on its books, and the season starts in less than two weeks from now. While the club will add players it needs in the coming weeks, the real travesty is the financial situation the club is in due to the club owners pumping money into its other businesses instead of reinvesting it into the club.
To learn more about the situation, watch the following video below from Channel 4’s news division in the United Kingdom:
Mobile app users, watch the video here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo