The defending US Open Cup Champion New England Revolution needed Penalty kicks to defeat USL-2 side Crystal Palace USA of Baltimore after the game was level 1-1 at the end of 120 minutes. The Revs will now play DC United in the semifinals. The Red and Black used an extra time goal from Brian Namoff to seal the victory.
In the match Cuauhtemoc Blanco and Marc Burch were both sent off for an altercation towards the end of the first period of extra time. The matchup between these two sides is set for RFK Stadium on August 12th. For all of DC United’s league and international success, the club has not won this competition since its first season, 1996.
Seattle needed penalty kicks to defeat Kansas City after a scoreless draw. Seattle now travels to Charleston for the semifinals, after the Battery crushed FC Dallas 3-1 at Pizza Hut Park. The Charleston-Seattle match is set for Blackbaud Stadium on August the 12th. The winner of this year’s US Open Cup gets an automatic birth in the 2009-2010 CONCACAF
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $40/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup & Gold Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo