I apologize once again for the infrequent posts and also the lack of attention I have been able to pay to Football lately. This situation should change later this week.
I did catch Thursday night’s New England-Chicago match and was impressed by the fight and quality the Revs showed against tough odds. I would not count out the Revs in the second leg.
I’m relieved that we likely will never see another MLS game on the Giants Stadium turf again.
The Crew demonstrated their grit by getting a late goal to draw with Kansas City.
I’m going to attempt to watch all three games I missed this past Saturday on Wednesday and Thursday and give more thoughtful and in depth analysis in advance of the second leg on Friday’s American Soccer Show.
Jerimiah White scored the game winning goal this weekend for AGF Aarhus. White has been given only one token call up by Bob Bradley. With November 19th result meaning little for the national team, I’d love to see White called in and paired alongside either Jozy Altidore or Charlie Davies up front. Altidore, by the way scored his first goal in Spain this weekend.
Before I run, I think this story from MLS Rumors was very telling as to why USL-1 seems to be having the Champions League success that has eluded MLS. Apparently development salaries in USL while equally low are enhanced with certain perks that allows teams to truly build depth.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo