Chelsea tickets are on sale now for a trio of friendlies during a weeklong span in mid-July.
The 2021 UEFA Champions League winners finished third in the Premier League behind a rampant Manchester City and Liverpool.
One of the most popular sides in the United States, COVID-19 canceled any plans for the Blues to come Stateside. With the pandemic subsiding over the past year, the doors reopened for many English clubs to come over to the United States.
One of those being Chelsea, the six-time English champions scheduled three games for the 2022 off-season.
Starting in Las Vegas, Chelsea battles Mexican side Club América at Allegiant Stadium. Four days later, Chelsea is in Charlotte to take on new MLS club Charlotte FC. Wrapping up the three-game schedule, a familiar foe is the opponent in the Florida Cup.
See Chelsea in person:
Chelsea’s 2022 U.S. Tour:
See the Blues across the USA
|Tickets on sale|
This is a strong mix of opposition for Chelsea. Arsenal is, of course, a familiar foe. However, Chelsea does have history with Club América. Finally, Charlotte FC gets its first taste of opposition from outside the United States.
Chelsea friendlies in the United States
In 2007 and 2009, Chelsea met the most successful side in Liga MX history. Club América has 13 Liga MX championships. In those two games, Chelsea picked up a 2-1 win in 2007 and a 2-0 win two years later. Florent Malouda grabbed a goal in both games. The likes of Frank Lampard, Petr Cech, John Terry, Claude Makelele, Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba appeared in these two games.
The middle game where Chelsea tickets are on sale is at Bank of America Stadium. Charlotte FC, in the midst of its inaugural season, is battling for playoff positioning as the season enters the summer. Charlotte FC gets its first taste of Premier League opposition against one of the more talented sides in English, and European, soccer.
Chelsea US summer tour:
|July 16||Club América||Las Vegas||Find tickets|
|July 20||Charlotte FC||Charlotte||Find tickets|
|July 23||Arsenal||Orlando||Find tickets|
The finale of Chelsea’s trip to the United States is the best game on paper. Arsenal and Chelsea have a long history with over 200 games contested between the two. This game comes as part of the FC Series. Specifically, it is the 2022 Florida Cup. This friendly competition puts a trophy on the line between two sides. Last year, Premier League club Everton defeated Colombian side Millionarios.
This game is at Camping World Stadium, which previously hosted World Cup games. This is the bigger of the two stadiums in Orlando, as Exploria Stadium plays host to Orlando City. Therefore, there are plenty of tickets on sale to watch Chelsea in action in the United States. In fact, each of the three stadiums hosting Chelsea this summer play host to NFL or college football games each year. Consequently, each stadium has a capacity of at least 65,000.
Chelsea tickets on sale now
This is the first time in two years that American fans of Chelsea have the opportunity to watch Chelsea in action.
Plus, these games feature battles between strong opposition.
Get $20 off your purchase
New customers, get $20 off your $200+ ticket order. Use promo code: SOCCERTALK20
Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Everton are all Premier League sides to make the trip over to the United States. Other clubs from throughout Europe to do the same include Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus.
Clearly, the market for tickets to summer friendlies features some major European sides.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- How Antonio Conte revitalized Spurs into an elite side
- Morata to return to Atletico as loan at Juventus ends
- Tottenham closing on deal for Everton’s Richarlison – reports
- England’s White eyes Euro glory to cap glorious career
- With royal backing and a Snoop Dogg rap, Malaysia minnows challenge best in Asia
- LAFC ‘perfect for me’ — Chiellini
- Three Boca supporters arrested for racism, Nazi salute in Brazil
- Lukaku completes return to Inter on loan from Chelsea
- German club wins inaugural European refugee cup
- Where to find Orlando City SC vs. Nashville SC on US TV