Connect with us

tv coverage

What’s your favorite streaming service for soccer?

What's your favorite streaming service for soccer?

In the United States, we have more access to soccer than ever before. In fact, with the combination of TV and streaming, we have more than 4,500 games available to us every year. Streaming is a big part of that. But just as all of us have different tastes and preferences, we’re curious what you think. What’s your favorite streaming service for soccer?

Your choices are, in alphabetical order:

ATA Football — Access to exclusive women’s soccer matches

DirecTV Stream — Cable/satellite TV replacement

ESPN+ — Access to exclusive soccer matches plus other sports

Fanatiz — Access to exclusive soccer matches plus select cable/TV channels

fuboTV — Access to exclusive soccer matches plus cable/satellite TV replacement

Hulu + Live TV — Cable/satellite TV replacement

Paramount+ — Original movies, shows and sports

Peacock TV — Original movies, shows and sports

Sling TV — Cable/satellite TV replacement

Vidgo — Cable/satellite TV replacement

YouTube TV — Cable/satellite TV replacement

Choosing your favorite streaming service

As you can see above, there are different categories of streamings services. Our above requirement is that they stream live soccer, either on a network they air or exclusively on their own service.

Of course, there are other niche streaming services out there. New ones are being added all the time. That includes FIFA+ with 40,000 games per year. There’s also YouTube, but that video service doesn’t show a lot of exclusive matches.

Another requirement is that the service is legal and available in the United States.

So while we all have our preferences, we’d love to hear what your favorites are. Share your personal recommendation in the comments section below. If you cannot pick just one, feel free to share your favorite combination of streaming services. Soccer fans are known for being opinionated, so we want you to be as honest as possible.

We look forward to reading them.

Photo credit: Getty Images via picture alliance / Contributor

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
39 Comments

39 Comments

1. Mario Garcia

May 10, 2022 at 10:13 pm

My stables are:

* Paramount Plus (for Champions League, Europa League, Serie A, Futbol Argentino, Futbol Brasil and Conference League)

* VIX: Free and all the matches of the Colombian league with great quality, loving it

During the year I complement it some months with Fanatiz (for Copa Libertadores/Suramericana) or Sling Latino (for Copa Libertadores/Suramericana + Premier League in Universo) or Peacock Premium (WWE and Premier League)

2. Eric T

May 8, 2022 at 10:09 pm

I was enjoying FuboTV for a while but the lack of Turner/Time Warner stations really hurt it. I switched over to YouTube TV in March and it’s pretty solid. Overall, Fubo is a great option if you don’t mind the lack of Turner/Time Warner stations.

Peacock, Paramount+, and ESPN+ are all pretty solid for the price.

3. Terry Denton

May 5, 2022 at 2:01 pm

I am enjoying Peacock for the Premier League and Rugby.

4. Richard S.

May 4, 2022 at 2:24 pm

Streaming on ROKU –
    Youtube TV:— FINALLY has Bein sports so we can watch PSG + Ligue1 also the PL matches on NBC networks. This is our main provider so we are happy! Love how you can stream LIVE matches from the beginning. Unlimited DVR.

ESPN+: — For Bundesliga and MLS – Decent interface. You can access live matches in progress and rewind to the beginning. Replays show up reasonably fast.

Paramount+: Worst streaming platform on the planet. Matches take HOURS to appear on the replay list. You cannot rewind live matches, nor can you pause them! Univision and the other Spanish providers have no problema putting the replays up within 10 or 15 minutes. CBS Sports continued their horrible reputation with this app.

• Richard S.

May 4, 2022 at 2:27 pm

Forgot to add this!
      Peacock – Good APP – You can start from the beginning while the match is still streaming.

• Nosferatu

May 5, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Yeah, I try to be forgiving of a service after it starts up new. Give them some time to get things together, to improve, to figure out what fans want. It took Peacock a while, but they have their house pretty nicely in order now.

You said it all about Paramount+. It’s just incredibly annoying on a day like today where I have to leave for a bit in the afternoon but want to watch the full Europa League semifinal, but doing so would require waiting like five hours because of their terrible system. It’s just utterly absurd. So even though I subscribe and don’t speak a lick of Spanish, I’m forced to instead watch on TUDN.

5. jason

May 3, 2022 at 1:49 pm

1. ESPN Plus
    2. Paramount Plus
    3. Eleven Sports

6. Hans

May 3, 2022 at 1:42 am

Don’t really like the new layout for commenting but since this is up my alley I am making an exception. Since I follow Soccer but also Rugby I have 3 streaming services for sports and do subscribe using the yearly package to reduce the price.
    1. ESPN+
    I can’t complain about their layout navigation as well as content.
    2. Paramount+
    Their layout and navigation for sports could use some improvement, but for the time being I have “bookmarked” my interest in the “MyList” portion. I do also like their TV shows. The Original Twilight Zone is unsurpassed in their writing. UCL panel very much to my liking as these player pundits often explain techniques and their own experiences.
    3. Peacock
    The Rugby is excellent, the Premier League not so much. Besides the obvious not having all games on the streaming service here are a few other niggles.
    Searched for last weekend’s highlights of the Arsenal game and it was not under Extended Highlight together with the Tottenham and other games. Had to go into the Arsenal Highlights to find it. Amateurs running the site.
    In addition 2 weeks ago the Arsenal game on Peacock was running about 2 minutes behind the actual live game. WTF had to jump through hoops to turn off all kind of other devices.
    However with a new season and hopefully Comcast eventually seeing the light that streaming is the way to go we get better coverage on Peacock. But knowing their disinterest in the beautiful game I seriously doubt it.
    Been seriously considering a changed approach. Surfshark VPN is $60 for two years and I am now investigating what streaming providers in other parts of the world are offering.
    On a side note, I had my 1st experience with a DTC (Direct To Customer) sports provider for Rugby and it was excellent. $65 for 150+ live matches, replays, highlights and news on the URC.TV site. This is the way to go let the EPL establish their own DTC streaming service and everyone wins consumer, clubs, associations except the network middlemen.

7. Chris

May 3, 2022 at 1:12 am

I want to like Paramount+ but navigating their on-screen menu is clunky and confusingly laid out both for Roku and Appletv.

8. Chris

May 3, 2022 at 1:10 am

1. FuboTV is the best overall streaming package to get the greatest quantity of footy from one source.

2. ESPN+ is the best “bang for the buck”

9. Tom Mathers

May 2, 2022 at 1:48 pm

ESPN + For the non-Columbus Crew MLS games. I will watch the odd championship and FA cup game on it and Scottish Cup games. I don’t subscribe to any other right now as with cable/Netflix/prime/HBO Max and my Red TV Aberdeen FC subscription it all adds up.

10. rajvosa

May 2, 2022 at 11:25 am

1.ESPN+
    2.Paramount+

11. Yespage

May 2, 2022 at 10:16 am

Video quality, ESPN+ hands down, from what I’ve watched. Paramount+ is a pain due to delays in replays being available. Peacock provides access to a good deal of obscure sport coverage, which luckily I really like to watch.

• Nosferatu

May 3, 2022 at 3:11 pm

Paramount+ will stay at the bottom of my list until they 1) get replays up more quickly (it STILL takes 3-4 hours, it seems, which is unreal when you think about people wanting to come home from work to watch games they missed, only to have to wait hours, unlike any other service) and 2) bring in any DVR controls for live broadcasts.

At this point, it’s a bush league service and I’m thankful I’m getting it for free because when paying for it I felt ripped off.

12. MK

May 2, 2022 at 8:30 am

PEACOCK!!!!!

• Sean+Johansen

May 2, 2022 at 1:37 pm

Peacock foor Premier League

13. MMaggie

May 2, 2022 at 8:17 am

YouTube TV because of EPL but if my team gets relegated, I will rely on ESPN + for Championship games next season. My second team is Austin fc but I am often blocked from these games on ESPN+ and TOTALLY RESENT THIS and still don’t know the reason. Subscribed to Paramount plus so no ads then they cheated and showed ALL ads.

• Michael

May 2, 2022 at 9:38 am

@MMaggie. The Blackout rules are not from ESPN+. They have no control over the blackouts. They are set directly from MLS. The blackout came when they signed the local distribution contracts with the local RSN’s. The RSN’s paid a lot of money, and didn’t want people to be able to get their broadcast outside of their local viewing area…which means that they would get no money for the broadcast from those people. That is why I am so interesting is in the outcome of the new MLS dealings. The Commissioner is offering the entire package as a National package with no local packages. If that is successful, then in theory there is no need to negotiate any Blackout rules because all games are National. Most likely ESPN+, but maybe AppleTV+ will have all 510 games per year in the same way that La Liga has all 380 and Bundesliga has all 342 on one location (ESPN+). Those of us where I live are fortunate, Charlotte FC has every game broadcast locally over the air and we don’t need Cable. I think that is the reason that I have been able to watch them over ESPN+ as well with no blackout…but cause our local RSN doesn’t have the broadcast rights, and therefore didn’t have black out rules applied. I am not sure. Maybe Chris or Kartik would know the answer. They are much more knowledgeable with the whole setup of the Blackout Rule.

• Mercator

May 2, 2022 at 10:02 am

Hulu will get around the local blackouts. If the game is on ESPN+ just watch it in Hulu, no blackouts. I’ve been doing this for my MLS team for a year now, ESPN clearly does not care.

• locofooty

May 2, 2022 at 10:16 am

I finally tried doing this with the Montreal – Atl Utd. match on Saturday after seeing you post about it a couple of times. Went into Hulu and the game didn’t even show up. On ESPN+ it was at the very end as it is with blackout broadcasts. You are getting lucky somehow. Signed in with my VPN and it worked of course on both platforms.

• Turfit

May 3, 2022 at 11:54 am

Only reason to have an androidTV device is using a VPN. 🙂

• locofooty

May 4, 2022 at 9:33 am

So nice and easy, turn on – turn off lol. Cheers!

14. Leo

May 1, 2022 at 11:39 pm

ESPN+

15. Pete

May 1, 2022 at 11:15 pm

Love ESPN Plus and even more so when I watched via Apple TV (on that there is a start from beginning button for live games I don’t have on my Windows computers or non-Apple Smart TV). I despise CL on Paramount – can’t pause the livestream, at least on my devices. Hope those rights go elsewhere ASAP!

16. Ricardo

May 1, 2022 at 10:38 pm

ESPN+ will be my choice but i would like if they add Serie A to their soccer leagues

17. Ra

May 1, 2022 at 8:31 pm

ESPN for sure. The app on AppleTV is phenomenal. Second would be Peacock (full dvr made a huge difference), followed by Vix+ and then Paramount. Paramount has some great properties, but their app is garbage for sports. It is confusing and lacks capabilities. Fanatiz is a joke. They always show 5+ matches from a month ago as next matches.

The question is – when will we know the rights holder for Libertadores/Sudamericana for next year? They are already started the bid process in LA. My favorite competition after UCL/Europa.

18. Turfit

May 1, 2022 at 7:50 pm

I recently canceled FuboTV but I really enjoyed TUDN LigaMX coverage in English, now I’m only able to watch LigaMX matches in Spanish on OTA Univision using airtv and SlingTV but I’m saving $70+ a month. I’m hoping Vix+ will be cheap and have a lot more LigaMX coverage. So my favorites as follows,
    1. Paramount+ using the CBS Sports App, Paramount provide more of the matches that I want to watch (South America leagues and Champion’s League).
    2. ESPN+ because of La Liga,the ease of use, number of matches to include some small leagues and other sports to include cricket and hockey.
    3. SlingTV World Sports, because it has beIN Sports for Messi and South American matches and world sports includes willow cricket channel. Plus I’m able to get local channels OTA in SlingTV App.
    4. Fanatiz, this one would be higher if the picture quality was better, great number of leagues to include ATA womens football. But if I’m watching a match on beIN, I will switch apps to Sling.
    5. Vix, I know it was not on the list but I have been watching LigaMX Women’s matches and they had CONMEBOL women’s U21 tournament and CONCAFAF women’s U17 tournament. I expect Vix to move up on this list.
    6. Peacock, I listen to more EPL matches on the radio than I watch on TV……… Since I dropped FuboTV, I no longer get USA network so I’m only getting about half the matches on Peacock. When this EPL season is over I will be canceling Peacock.

• Eric O Casares

May 1, 2022 at 8:22 pm

I currently use HuluTV but,would like to have Paramont + and ESPN + all on one streaming app. Got to watch the Bundesliga matches

• Turfit

May 3, 2022 at 11:25 am

I agree, Paramont+, ESPN+, Peacock and all the other +apps should all be add-on to our favorite streaming providers (HuluTV, FuboTV, SlingTV, YouTubeTV) not stand-alone services.

• dave

May 1, 2022 at 8:40 pm

@Turfit, I like your list, it is reflective of eclectic taste in sports
      What is ATA on Fanatiz? I have gone back and forth on signing up for ATA but cannot understand who does what between them and DAZN. Do Fanatiz have clear T&C with easy sign up and cancel and include ATA coverage of women’s UCL (or is that DAZN)?
      You probably researched this – fubo Latino is $33 per month and includes TUDN with all TUDNxtra (also beIN in both languages and ESPND/FOXD for Xolos, Rayados, Santos). An option if you ever want extra Liga MX for a month while waiting to see how ViX+ plays out

• Turfit

May 3, 2022 at 11:49 am

ATA has mostly European Women’s club matches, teams that I have watch include: Chelsea, Roma, Barcelona, PSG and others. Women’s UCL is on DAZN, I have not tried DAZN or watch any of those matches.
        Fanatiz is easy to sign up and they do offer a free version that includes a few matches. Normally they offer a 7 day free trial and sometimes before a big match they will offer a promo. Most matches is in Spanish but the ATA womens matches have all been in English. FYI, I have had a lot of issues using Google TV with Chromecast and Android TV devices. I have no issues using my AppleTV device or my Roku device. I have had no issues using the Android app on my phone or using web browser on computer.
        I did think about switching to Fubo Latino and still might since I really like FuboTV on the AppleTV device but $33 just for LigaMX……

19. dave

May 1, 2022 at 7:22 pm

My favorites allow me to watch my preferred soccer – fubo Latino (Liga MX, UCL, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, etc.) and Paramount+ (NWSL, UEL/UECL/Golazo, CONCACAF, etc.)
    I like some EPL and FA Cup (and recently US Open Cup), so Peacock and ESPN+. Early days, but ViX seems promising. So many options for enjoying soccer, which I suppose is the “fractured” referenced in the podcast. All of these services are in my very good to great range

20. Ryan Farnsley

May 1, 2022 at 4:58 pm

ESPN+ is still the easiest to used the best. Paramount+ is better than when it was CBS All Access but it is still to difficult to find your game. I’m not a fan of the Peacock platform and how much crap you got to go through to get to your game but they have great coverage.

21. Eplnfl

May 1, 2022 at 4:30 pm

ESPN+ has the best quality if not the my favorite league. Paramount+ is still difficult to use even when your part of the XFINITY SYSTEM.

22. Cory

May 1, 2022 at 4:22 pm

Espn+ for app quality, ease of use, and depth/variety of games.
    Paramount has Champions League and Serie A so I’m forced or use it. But I have many issues with the coverage and technology.

And Peacock has (some) Premier League so, like Italian food, it’s in everyone’s top 3.

23. Deolu Akingbade

May 1, 2022 at 4:19 pm

Probably ESPN+ because of the variety of leagues and coverage they have, especially LaLiga, Bundesliga, and MLS. Paramount+ is cool but I don’t use it too much.

24. jason

May 1, 2022 at 3:59 pm

ESPN plus looks like is number one at the moment. Paramount plus comes in 2nd. My surprise 3rd place trophy goes to Eleven Sports. However that could change. Does anybody know the status of the EFL and FA Cup rights staying at ESPN or leaving to something else?

25. John Ketcham

May 1, 2022 at 3:52 pm

ESPN+ because of their lineup of games/competitions and the ease of use. Honorable mentions go to Peacock and Paramount+ both services have improved their user experience over time

26. Adam Groose

May 1, 2022 at 3:31 pm

ESPN+ by a long shot. Other apps have variety too but this one has top leagues like Bundesliga and LaLiga. It’s also nice as an American to get so many MLS matches and of course the price is fantastic.