When it comes to buying and selling soccer rights, SPORTEL is the destination of choice for sports leagues and broadcasters.
This March, they’ll be coming from around the world to converge on Miami.
In previous years, SPORTELAmerica has been the host of many landmark deals. In 2007, the Bundesliga and Major League Soccer made a joint announcement to share best practices to help grow each league. In 2009, FOX Sports and Setanta partnered to finalize the deal to acquire the rights to the UEFA Champions League, which ESPN had previously. Then in 2015, the CEO of a then unknown soccer streaming service was interviewed at SPORTEL. We all now know that streaming company as fubo.
And those are only the deals we know about. Walk through the halls of SPORTEL, and you’re very likely to see a lot of private conversations between many of the sports industry’s most important executives.
This year, the 2022 SPORTEL in Miami will be a little different than usual. Titled SPORTEL Rendez-vous 2022, it’s the first in a series of more streamlined, international two-day events. It features an exhibition hall filled with companies including LaLiga, Buzzer, WWE and CAA Eleven (who are responsible for selling the commercial rights to UEFA’s national team competitions).
SPORTEL Rendez-vous 2022 will also feature a conference summit. Among the speakers, they include LaLiga North America CEO Boris Gartner, TelevisaUnivision’s President of Sports Content Olek Loewenstein, Telemundo Deportes’ Executive Vice President of Sports Content Eli Velazquez, and executives from CONCACAF, WarnerMedia, TyC Sports and Twitch.
Some of the conference topics that will be discussed that are relevant to soccer include:
OTT and network giants expanding the audience reach
How culture and diversity is shifting the direction of sports media
Enhancing the broadcast experience to capture and keep audiences
The US football media rights market is booming. What’s next for the America’s?
This year, SPORTEL has added World Soccer Talk as an official media partner for SPORTEL Rendez-vous 2022.
For more details about SPORTEL, visit the SPORTEL Rendez-vous 2022 website. The conference runs March 14-15, 2022.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- England footballers’ wives libel spat ends with judgment reserved
- Pep Guardiola’s title-decider selections a major challenge for City
- Women to referee at World Cup finals for first time
- Marseille’s Kamara in for Pogba in France Nations League squad
- Frank optimistic Eriksen will stay at Brentford
- Flick recalls Reus in strong Germany squad
- New Man Utd manager Ten Hag to attend Palace finale – reports
- Bale deserves good Real Madrid farewell, says Ancelotti
- Gabon star Aubameyang retires from international football
- Bale named in Wales squad for World Cup play-off final