With the 2022 MLS season fast approaching, plenty of transfer deals are being finalized. Ricardo Pepi moved to Augsburg. Matt Turner may be heading to Arsenal. The latest of them is this: Houston Dynamo partner with Fubo Gaming in a landmark deal.
The historic collaboration between the American professional soccer team and sports betting site begins immediately. Houston Dynamo and its NWSL affiliate, the Houston Dash, will don the fuboTV logo on their training shirts. The main kit sponsor for the club remains the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
As Houston Dynamo FC prepares to partner with Fubo Gaming, club president John Walker talked about what the deal means to the club.
“This partnership represents a significant step forward for our club.”
“Fubo Gaming is at the forefront of the sports gaming industry and will be leaders in shaping how we enjoy sports in the years to come. We look forward to working with their industry experts to deliver best-in-class experiences for our fans and continually improve the fan experience as the landscape evolves.”
The partnership will be Houston Dynamo’s first ever exclusive relationship with a sports gambling company.
Sports betting in Texas
Interestingly enough, sports gambling is still illegal in the state of Texas. Conversely, daily fantasy sports (DFS) games are legal in Texas. DFS companies such as DraftKings and FanDuel supposedly have huge markets in the state.
READ MORE: MLS TV and streaming schedule.
Also in this deal, Fubo Gaming received market access by the club in Texas. Of course, this remains pending based on approval in the Texas State Legislature.
Fubo Gaming’s President Scott Butera understands the significance of a market like Texas for betting’s future.
“Partnering with the Houston Dynamo Football Club for market access in Texas is a major milestone for Fubo.”
“Texas has an incredibly enthusiastic community of sports fans and will ultimately become one of the largest sports betting markets in the U.S.”
Butera added that this deal, which sees Houston Dynamo partner with Fubo Gaming, encompasses numerous assets and promotes fan engagement. Fubo Gaming plans to maximize its streaming service with its wagering platform. Consequently, users enjoy a personalized and immersive overall experience.
Houston Dynamo partner with Fubo Gaming in new deal
The multi-year deal between Dynamo and Fubo Gaming could potentially reach a total of $178 million. If so, it would be one of the richest sponsorship agreements in MLS history. The partnership reportedly includes a $10 million signing bonus. Also, fuboTV commits $1 million annually to marketing rights in the state.
It is thought that Texas may not make sports betting legal until at least 2023. If these betting regulations change in the favor of sports bettors, fuboTV will supposedly pay the team a massive $15 million bonus and even commit to an additional $15 million per year for a decade.
Fubo Gaming launched toward the end of 2021 and have also secured similar partnerships with the NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers, the NFL’s New York Jets, as well as minor league baseball’s Iowa Cubs. Fubo Sportsbook initially launched in Arizona and Iowa; however, more states are said to be added to the company’s website in the near future. You can always check to see if the service is available in your area.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea tickets on sale for U.S. friendlies
- Man City title miracle all part of Pep’s plan
- Hertha Berlin keep Bundesliga status with play-off win at Hamburg
- Italy face Argentina in UEFA vs CONMEBOL final on FS1
- Spinazzola makes Italy return for ‘Finalissima’ and Nations League
- Ukraine will be ready for World Cup play-off: Scotland boss Clarke
- Avram Glazer defends Man Utd reign after troubled season
- Mbappe says he consulted Macron over PSG deal
- West Ham’s Zouma in court over ‘cat abuse’ video
- Mbappe says he will not overstep role as a player under PSG deal