London (AFP) – Chelsea retained their Women’s Super League title with a thumping 5-0 win over Reading on Sunday.
They will now look to complete an English and European double when they face Barcelona in the Champions League final in Gothenburg a week on Sunday.
The Londoners, who saw off Bayern Munich 5-3 on aggregate in the semi-finals, are bidding to become European champions for the first time.
The Blues headed into the final round of English top-flight fixtures two points clear of Manchester City and with a better goal difference.
They were never in danger of being overhauled, with Melanie Leupolz putting them ahead against Reading before Fran Kirby’s double and further goals from Sam Kerr and Erin Cuthbert sealed victory.
Chelsea won the 2019/20 WSL title on a points-per-game basis after the season was halted by the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020, with Emma Hayes’ side then a point behind leaders City with a game in hand.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas