Milan (AFP) – Roma’s Italy international Nicolo Zaniolo has returned to individual training six months after rupturing knee ligaments for a second time.
“Restart. How I missed you,” the 21-year-old midfielder wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday alongside a photo of himself training.
Zaniolo was sidelined for seven months in the first half of 2020 after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
He then picked up an identical injury to his left knee playing for Italy against the Netherlands in the Nations League last September.
He was operated on in Austria.
Zaniolo hopes to recover to play with Italy in the European Championship from June 11-July 11 with the opening match against Turkey in Rome.
The midfielder has scored two goals in seven games for Italy.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss