Milan (AFP) – Roma’s Italy international Nicolo Zaniolo has returned to individual training six months after rupturing knee ligaments for a second time.
“Restart. How I missed you,” the 21-year-old midfielder wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday alongside a photo of himself training.
Zaniolo was sidelined for seven months in the first half of 2020 after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
He then picked up an identical injury to his left knee playing for Italy against the Netherlands in the Nations League last September.
He was operated on in Austria.
Zaniolo hopes to recover to play with Italy in the European Championship from June 11-July 11 with the opening match against Turkey in Rome.
The midfielder has scored two goals in seven games for Italy.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more