Berlin (AFP) – Bundesliga crisis club Schalke said that striker Mark Uth was in a stable condition after the 29-year-old was stretchered off unconscious against Augsburg on Sunday.
Uth was treated by medical staff on the pitch for around 15 minutes and attached to a drip after losing consciousness in a clash of heads with Augsburg defender Felix Uduokhai early in the game.
He was eventually carried from the pitch with a neck brace to applause from both teams’ dugouts.
Both sets of players — and Uduokhai in particular — were visibly shaken by the incident.
Around 45 minutes after Uth was carried off, Schalke announced via Twitter that the striker had regained consciousness.
“Good news: Mark Uth is stable and responsive and is on his way to the hospital with our team doctor,” the club tweeted.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Guardiola adamant winning Premier League harder than Champions League
- Klopp refuses to dream of stunning Premier League title triumph
- Berkane sink Pirates on penalties to maintain Moroccan dominance
- Ecuador World Cup spot at risk after potential ineligible player
- Real Madrid look to Liverpool after goalless draw with Real Betis
- McKennie back in US squad for June friendlies, Nations League
- FIFA to announce 2026 World Cup host cities in June
- Rangers seek Scottish Cup silver lining after Europa pain
- Rangnick to meet Ten Hag as Man Utd seek Europa League salvation
- EPL commentators on NBC: May 22