Madrid (AFP) – La Liga champions Real Madrid announced on Wednesday a profit of 313,000 euros ($378,600) for the 2019/2020 financial year, down 38.1 million euros from the previous period.
Real predicted they would record revenues of 617 million euros for the coming 12 months despite the coronavirus pandemic.
“The impact of Covid-19 has led to a reaction of -13 percent (minus 106 millions euros) in income for the 2019/20 financial year,” Real said in a statement.
“The club maintains a solid equity situation with a net equity of 553 million euros and treasury of 125 million euros as of 30 June…
“2020 revenues of 617 million euros are budgeted in 2020/21, around 300 million euros less than if there had been income growth as in years prior to the pandemic.”
The record 13-time European champions said salary cuts helped bare the brunt of the outbreak.
“In terms of personnel costs, the players and coaches of the first Real Madrid football and basketball squads, together with the main executives of the different club divisions, have voluntarily agreed to lower their remuneration for this year by 10 percent (this reduction would have been 20 percent if the league competition could not have been completed),” the statement said.
In October, Madrid’s rivals Barcelona announced they were 203 million euros down on financial expectations for the same period and had lost 97 million euros.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams
- PSG’s Gueye asked to explain absence after homophobia accusations
- Europa League Final on TV: Rangers vs. Frankfurt details
- Liverpool’s Klopp has ‘no reason’ to talk to Gerrard before title climax
- Where to find Rangers vs. Frankfurt Europa League Final TV