Rennes (France) (AFP) – Italy centre-back Daniele Rugani has joined Champions League debutants Rennes on a season-long loan from Juventus, the Ligue 1 leaders announced on Saturday.
Italian and French media report the Bretons have paid two million euros ($2.34 million) for 26-year-old Rugani, who has seven appearances for the Azzurri.
“We couldn’t hope for better. He has Champions League experience and with Italy,” the French club’s president Nicolas Holveck said in a statement.
In March, Rugani became the first Serie A player to test positive for Covid-19 before last season was halted due to the virus outbreak.
Earlier, Holveck’s side announced the arrival of Inter Milan wing-back Dalbert Henrique, also on a temporary deal.
On Sunday, the unbeaten top-of-the-table outfit welcome second-from-bottom Reims in their final match ahead of a two-week break due to the international window.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- MLS Earthquakes name US assistant Gonzalez as coach
- What it’s like watching the Premier League from Hawaii
- Ineos billionaire Ratcliffe ‘potential buyer’ of Man Utd
- Mendy rape accuser tells UK court she tried to fight off footballer
- Man Utd legend Giggs cites disciplinary record in assault trial
- Christian Pulisic’s ominous, but necessary, move to Man United
- Sevilla sign youngster Nianzou from Bayern
- Ronaldo cautioned by police after allegedly slapping phone from fan’s hand
- PSG defender Kehrer joins West Ham
- Dubai airport gears up to handle World Cup supporters