Telemundo Deportes has acquired the exclusive U.S. media rights to Liga MX’s Chivas de Guadalajara.
The multi-year agreement includes rights to all Chivas home games in Spanish and English across all Telemundo platforms. In addition to the men’s team, Telemundo Deportes will also carry rights to the women’s club, Chivas Femenil, and their youth team Cantera Rojiblanca.
“We are thrilled to become the new home of Chivas de Guadalajara in the U.S.,” said Ray Warren, President of Telemundo Deportes. “As one of Mexico’s most historic, popular and successful teams, the acquisition of these rights aligns perfectly with NBCUniversal and Telemundo Deportes’ approach to partner with owners of the biggest and best properties in sports. We look forward to working with the entire Chivas de Guadalajara organization to take its brand to unprecedented heights and scale, while growing its passionate fan base across the U.S. and other countries.”
“We are excited to have reached this partnership and are confident that together with Telemundo Deportes we can bring a piece of Mexico and all the excitement of the Rebaño Sagrado to our Chivahermanos in the United States,” said Amaury Vergara, President of Club Deportivo Guadalajara. “It’s extremely important to us to serve as the cornerstone in the return of Mexican soccer to Telemundo, making us all stronger.”
To supplement the extensive coverage around matches, Telemundo Deportes and Chivas de Guadalajara will create additional multimedia content, programming and promotional opportunities to enhance the Chivas de Guadalajara brand experience across Comcast and NBCUniversal properties, including Peacock, in addition to all Telemundo platforms.
Telemundo Deportes’ Emmy-award winning expert Miguel Gurwitz will host the network’s Chivas coverage leading the pre/post-game and halftime alongside the analysis of Mexican soccer legend Carlos Hermosillo, who spent the final year of his club career with Chivas de Guadalajara in 2001. Titulares y Mas’ anchor Ana Jurka will also regularly contribute to the pre-game coverage. Game coverage will be led by five-time Emmy winner Andres Cantor providing play-by-play commentary alongside the analysis of Mexican soccer star and Chivas de Guadalajara veteran, Manuel Sol, bringing a unique perspective to fans of El Rebaño Sagrado.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family