London (AFP) – Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers revealed Friday he “had no strength” after contracting the coronavirus in March.
The Northern Irish boss is the second Premier League manager to confirm he had suffered with COVID-19 after Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta also tested positive in March.
“I could hardly walk and it reminded me of walking up Mount Kilimanjaro,” Rodgers told BBC Radio Leicester.
“We had a week off when we were supposed to play Watford (on March 14) and then the week after that, I started to struggle.”
The 47-year-old former Liverpool and Celtic manager added his wife had contracted the virus as well.
“For three weeks I had no smell or taste. I had no strength, and a week after, my wife was the same.
“We were tested and both of us were detected with the virus.”
England’s top-flight clubs have agreed a provisional restart date of June 17 after the season was postponed in March due to the outbreak, with Leicester currently third behind runaway leaders Liverpool and reigning champions Manchester City.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more