Milan (AFP) – Italian champions Juventus were on Monday hit with a one-match closure of their south stand and fined 10,000 euros ($11,500) after racist chanting was aimed at Napoli’s Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly during their game at the weekend.
Massimiliano Allegri’s side won 3-1 to move six points clear of Carlo Ancelotti’s southerners in front of a record league crowd of 39,552 at Juventus Stadium.
All three Italian Football Federation observers in different parts of the stadium reported hearing Koulibaly targeted by the chanting in the sixth minute of the second half.
As a result, the ‘Curva Sud’ will be closed for one game, the Italian FA ruled.
Napoli were fined 15,000 euros after a fan threw a seat into a group of Juventus supporters.
Roma were fined 5,000 euros after smoke bombs were thrown onto the pitch at the Stadio Olimpico during their derby win over Lazio.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Southampton has early red flags in this Premier League campaign
- Sarr both Watford’s hero and villain in West Brom draw
- Everton sign England’s Coady on season-long loan from Wolves
- Dortmund complete Modeste signing from Cologne
- Darkhorse Denmark brings recent triumphs to World Cup 2022
- Former Man Utd star Giggs accused of ‘litany of abuse’ at assault trial
- Holders Wydad Casablanca among 58 CAF Champions League hopefuls
- 2022/23 LaLiga prediction: What will the final table look like?
- African players in Europe: Salah, Mane score as season starts
- Three talking points from the Premier League’s opening weekend