London (AFP) – Harry Kane is not a “machine” and it is only a matter of time before he is back among the goals, according to Tottenham teammate Erik Lamela.
The under-fire England striker endured another frustrating game on Tuesday as Spurs slumped to a late 2-1 Champions League defeat at Inter Milan.
The England captain has now gone five games for club and country without scoring.
He missed a good opportunity at the San Siro, but Lamela insists Kane should not be the only player to carry the scoring burden for Spurs.
“Harry is not a machine. He scores a lot. He always scores,” Lamela said, in comments carried by the British press on Wednesday.
“Here he didn’t and for two or three games he didn’t. But he will score again.
“It’s not like Harry needs to score every single game. Christian (Eriksen) scored, I scored in the last game. Sonny (Son Heung-min) will score. Lucas (Moura) will score. All the pressure is not on Harry.
“All the attacking players need to score.”
Lamela says there is no crisis of confidence at Tottenham, even though the defeat by Inter means they have lost three games in a row for the first time under Mauricio Pochettino.
“I don’t think we’re losing our confidence,” he said. “We believe in each other in this team. That’s why we always fight until the end of the season.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Napoli on the up after hot start, big transfer deals
- Werner says Leipzig can still ‘annoy’ Bayern despite early season stumbles
- Liverpool clash threatens more misery for Man Utd
- Barcelona looking for ‘patience’ despite spending spree
- Will Mbappe and Neymar flourish together this season for PSG?
- Qatar buses feel the World Cup heat in tournament test
- Scamacca opens West Ham account in Conference League win
- Mbappé and Neymar feud adds heat to PSG vs Lille clash
- Conte not expecting touchline ban after Tuchel clash
- Mendy rape accuser details alleged attack in locked room at his mansion