Sunday’s exciting World Cup game between Colombia and Poland averaged 7.9 million viewers across FOX and Telemundo combined.
With FOX televising the game via the over-the-air FOX network, which is in 116 million homes in the United States, the Colombia-Poland match averaged 4,384,000 viewers. That’s compared to the game on Telemundo, which averaged 3,540,000 viewers. Telemundo is in 65 million homes.
Altogether, the Colombia-Poland game averaged 7,924,000 viewers.
On FOX and the FOX Sports streaming services, Colombia’s 3-0 win over Poland drew 4,555,000 viewers. Meanwhile, Telemundo’s total audience delivery for the game was 3,780,000, which included television and streaming.
Through Matchday 11, 2018 FIFA World Cup matches on FOX and FS1 are up +31% over the complete Group Stage average of the last four World Cups combined, excluding U.S. matches, and up +20% over the 2010 World Cup Group Stage average, played in a comparable time zone, excluding U.S. matches.
Telemundo Deportes’ Spanish-language World Cup broadcasts have reached 25.7 million viewers in the first 10 days of the tournament’s Group Stage (29 matches through Saturday), according to fast cumulative data provided by Nielsen. Through Sunday (32 game windows), World Cup matches on Telemundo have ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 in Spanish-language 92% of the time in the Top 14 Hispanic markets with Local People Meters (410 of 448 windows in those markets). After surpassing 1 billion live minutes on Saturday, Telemundo Deportes’ streaming platform hit 74.4 million total livestreams for the tournament – setting a Spanish-language livestream record for an entire World Cup. Telemundo Deportes, only 11 days into the tournament, exceeded the prior mark by more than one million livestreams (73 million in 2014).
Read all of the latest viewing numbers for the World Cup games.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Are World Cup tickets available for Qatar 2022?
- Minamino leaves Liverpool for Ligue 1 club Monaco
- Netherlands looks to snap World Cup dud at Qatar 2022
- Lukaku expected in Milan ‘this evening’ ahead of Inter return: CEO
- French minister apologises for Champions League chaos
- Where to find Corinthians vs. Boca Juniors on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- LAFC confirms 12-month Bale deal with options through 2024
- Barcelona unveils 2022/23 away kit to honor Olympics anniversary
- Favre new Nice coach as Galtier in PSG talks