In the last UEFA Champions League Final broadcast by both FOX Sports and ESPN, the 2017/18 final between Real Madrid and Liverpool averaged 3.0 million viewers in the United States.
While the broadcast on the over-the-air FOX network averaged 2,004,000 million viewers, the Real Madrid-Liverpool game in Spanish-language on ESPN Deportes averaged 1,020,000 million for a combined total of 3,024,000 viewers overall.
In the week building up to the final, ESPN Deportes had their entire team of commentators and staff in Ukraine. Both ESPN Deportes and ESPN had daily reports and shows focusing on all of the major storylines. Meanwhile, FOX Sports sent reporter Keith Costigan to Ukraine but kept Stu Holden and John Strong in a studio in the United States to call the game off a monitor.
The 3.0 million viewing figure for the UEFA Champions League makes it the most-watched soccer game on US television during May 14-28.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family