Leicester (United Kingdom) (AFP) – Manchester City centre-back John Stones could be out for up to six weeks after sustaining a hamstring injury during his side’s 2-0 win at Leicester City on Saturday.
Stones, who has been in excellent form for City and England, pulled up while chasing the ball in the 28th minute and gave way to Eliaquim Mangala shortly after.
“He will be out for a long time, four to six weeks I think,” said City manager Pep Guardiola.
With Nicolas Otamendi suspended, club captain Vincent Kompany had slotted in alongside Stones at centre-back for Guardiola’s league leaders.
The injury-prone Kompany, a Belgium international, was making his first league start since August.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season