Franceville (Gabon) (AFP) – Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan will start Thursday’s Africa Cup of Nations semi-final against Cameroon in Franceville on the bench after failing to sufficiently recover from injury.
Gyan, 31, suffered a groin injury in the Black Stars’ final group game, a 1-0 defeat to Egypt, and played no part in last Sunday’s 2-1 quarter-final win over DR Congo.
Ghana are unchanged from that game while Jacques Zoua replaces Karl Toko Ekambi in the only change to Cameroon’s line-up following their penalty shoot-out win over Senegal in the last eight.
The winners will face Egypt in the final in Libreville on Sunday after the Pharaohs beat Burkina Faso on penalties on Wednesday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV