Berlin (AFP) – Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels dyed his hair blond for Wednesday’s 3-0 top-of-the-table win over RB Leipzig after losing a bet at the Oktoberfest beer festival, he revealed.
The 28-year-old World Cup winner, who normally has dark hair, went peroxide blond for the high-profile showdown at Munich’s Allianz Arena which saw Bundesliga leaders Bayern open a three-point gap over second-placed Leipzig.
Hummels said his striking hair change was a forfeit after losing a game of skittles during a visit to Munich’s Oktoberfest, the world’s most popular annual beer festival, to which the Bayern squad pay an annual visit.
“After one throw, my opponent had already knocked over more than I had in my three attempts,” the defender told Sky, who was careful not to name who he lost the bet to.
Hummels seemed happy enough with his new hair do.
“I was afraid it would look worse. It will grow out so in a few weeks it will all be over.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player
- Zaniolo fires Roma to Conference League triumph over Feyenoord
- Kompany ‘parts ways’ with Belgium’s Anderlecht
- FOX & fuboTV’s UEFA Nations League plans raise concerns
- Robertson urges Scotland to put sentiment aside in Ukraine play-off