Berlin (AFP) – Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels dyed his hair blond for Wednesday’s 3-0 top-of-the-table win over RB Leipzig after losing a bet at the Oktoberfest beer festival, he revealed.
The 28-year-old World Cup winner, who normally has dark hair, went peroxide blond for the high-profile showdown at Munich’s Allianz Arena which saw Bundesliga leaders Bayern open a three-point gap over second-placed Leipzig.
Hummels said his striking hair change was a forfeit after losing a game of skittles during a visit to Munich’s Oktoberfest, the world’s most popular annual beer festival, to which the Bayern squad pay an annual visit.
“After one throw, my opponent had already knocked over more than I had in my three attempts,” the defender told Sky, who was careful not to name who he lost the bet to.
Hummels seemed happy enough with his new hair do.
“I was afraid it would look worse. It will grow out so in a few weeks it will all be over.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season